EgoManiac

Portal Member
April 11, 2007
Home Country
TV-Server Version: RC1
MediaPortal Version: RC1
MediaPortal Skin: All
Windows Version: Vista HP 64 Bit

I have an issue where the mini-guide is not showing any data (everything says "no data available"). Everything is shown as it should in the normal TV Guide/EPG so its not a problem with the data.

I have tried this on all skins and at the client and server are on the same system (single seat). BUT note that I have an uncommon way of setting up the TV Server as my MySQL server is on a separate system and that system is running Linux. Not sure if this might be an issue.

The TVServer error log shows this:

Code:
2008-06-13 09:18:07.636000 [20]: Exception   :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
Check the connection string: Server=fileserver;Database=TVLibrary;User ID=mediaportal;Password=xxxx;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
   at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
   at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName(String hostName)
   at MySql.Data.Common.StreamCreator.GetStream(Int32 timeOut)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPoolManager.GetConnection(MySqlConnectionString settings)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLProvider.GetConnection()
   at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
   at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
   at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveList(Type type, Key key, IList result, IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
   at Gentle.Framework.Broker.RetrieveList(Type type)
   at TvDatabase.Schedule.ListAll()
   at TvService.Scheduler.DoSchedule()
   at TvService.Scheduler.timer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPoolManager.GetConnection(MySqlConnectionString settings)
   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()
   at Gentle.Provider.MySQL.MySQLProvider.GetConnection()System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
Exception   :The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
Check the connection string: Server=fileserver;Database=TVLibrary;User ID=mediaportal;Password=xxxx;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300;
  site      :Void FailWith(Gentle.Common.Severity, Gentle.Common.Error, System.Exception, System.String)
  source    :Gentle.Common
  stacktrace:   at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
   at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
   at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveList(Type type, Key key, IList result, IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
   at Gentle.Framework.Broker.RetrieveList(Type type)
   at TvDatabase.Schedule.ListAll()
   at TvService.Scheduler.DoSchedule()
   at TvService.Scheduler.timer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

The network connection to the database could not be established. Please check Firewall and Antivirus apps if your config is correct.

EgoManiac

Portal Member
    April 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi, Thanks for your reply.

The firewall issue was what I thought as well, but I checked the the settings and the tvserver has permissions. Also, the mini epg is the only part that doesn't work, TV guides, recordings, watching TV all work perfectly. I thought these would connect to the database too?

MrAlan

Portal Member
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am having the exact same problem, I too run my MySQL database on a separate linux server. There's obviously something different about the way the mini EPG gets data from the database, because the rest of mediaportal has no problems at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom