[Skin] Mini-OSD pause progress bar time out (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you!

Back to my question: why do we need a separate pause OSD at all? You press pause, you get the your main zap OSD which already shows all we need, plus you have a few menu items, plus it disappears after a given time. That's all, problem resolved!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Back to my question: why do we need a separate pause OSD at all?
    Even if it might sound like an easy change for "your" problem, it is always a big problem to take away certain functionality.
    Because there are always users who are happy with the current situation.

Which brings me back to my suggestion of creating a Mod for the skin which changes the OSD to fit your personal needs.
    You could even remove everything except for a small "Paused" logo/text in one of the corners. :)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    What you are suggesting is no pause OSD at all for people like me (please look at the first pate, I am not the only one who complains), plus a headache of maintaining an extra special skin for people who don't like pause-osd. And this would also make it difficult for people like me to use the community skins.

If we keep the existing set of OSDs and select the time-out to be zero (keep pause OSD forever), none of the existing functionality will be taken away, no change in current behavior at all. People like me would be able to set the timeout to 3-4 seconds - a quick look at where we are, and then no OSD at all.

In this case we will NOT take away any existing functionality, but will add an option which should make everybody happy. So what are we afraid of?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    What you are suggesting is no pause OSD at all for people like me, plus a headache of maintaining an extra special skin for people who don't like pause-osd.
    The mod is not an extra skin. It would be 2 or 3 xml files.
    And these I dare to say, will work with all upcoming versions of MP1.
    Because there might just only be 1.2.0 and then this was it for MP1.

And this would also make it difficult for people like me to use the community skins.
    There are community skins with which you do not even have this "problem" with the OSD, because they are designed differently and do not cover the area you want to read. ;)

If we keep the existing set of OSDs and select the time-out to be zero (keep pause OSD forever), none of the existing functionality will be taken away, no change in current behavior at all. People like me would be able to set the timeout to 3-4 seconds - a quick look at where we are, and then no OSD at all.

In this case we will NOT take away any existing functionality, but will add an option which should make everybody happy. So what are we afraid of?
    "We" are not afraid of anything.
    But "I" have to find an developer who is interested in doing that change (if the team agrees that this should be added at all - which I am waiting for an answer).

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Y E S!!!!!!!
    Thank you so much!!!

:D:p:D:):D:D:D:p:D:):D

Will it also work for the online movies plugin?

SingleMalt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Mini-OSD pause progress bar time out

Team agreed on the autohide config option and we allready seem to have an volunteer to code it.

0003141: introduce configureable autohide feature for Pause OSD in MyTV and MyVideos - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    Thank you Chris for this awesome good news, and thanks to greybox for reminding me of it.
    I am quite sure this will be much appreciated by all the subtitle readers / MePo users around the globe. :D

Cheers, SingleMalt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom