Minidisplay and Imon VFD (1 Viewer)

DunkZ

Portal Member
December 24, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hey everybody..

First of all: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ANYONE ! :D

I hope there is someone who can help me, with my setup because i got lost and tired to read over and over again without finding something that can help me or maybe i dont know what to do if i have read about it..
So I hope you can..

Setup:
•Thermeltake DH 101

I have installed:
•MediaPortal v. 1.1.2
•Imon VFD driver and manager v. 7.90.0702
•StreamedMP with Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series..

I cant get the display to work in MediaPortal..

I have enable the plugin in MP configuration and tried to set it to Soundgraph VFD and USB and test..
But the display goes black and the imon manager set the frontview to Never..

And nothing more happens when i go in MediaPortal. Display = black..

I hope you can help me with this problem and understand my bad english - and again Happy Christmas :)

DunkZ

Portal Member
December 24, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Do I need to have IRSS installed before i can use Minidisplay ?
And is there a guide or someone who can explain how i can get it to work if i install the 7.77 driver, now then my driver dont work?

Cooler

Portal Member
May 31, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
e there what you need is the iMON_7_60_0521 driver then go to mini display select usb then the soundgraph driver and your done

and a MERRY CHRISTMAS

greets

DunkZ

Portal Member
December 24, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thank you for replying..

Now it works, then i installed the imon you say..

But in mediaportal it now says MediaPortal when i start it..
But thats it.. It dont display time when i play a movie or shows when i turn up/down the volume or go into differents folders..

Can i do so?

joseosoria

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
question: i'm running mp 111, i tried 1.2 but gave me trouble with tv server.
so why this minidisplay plugin takes so long to start in this version of mp? in other versions this plugin started first and then when you see the home screen you could browse up or down right away, but now after i get the home screen , i still have to wait 10 or 15 or 20 seconds and then the plugin starts and i see the vfd display turns on and then i can use the remote or mouse.
and why this plugin when i turn off mp(minimize to tray on gui exit) if i was watching tv still keeps the info of the channel in my imon vfd instead of displaying mediportal and the time?
if i turn off the radio , videos or tv series or any other stuff i'm doing, it always goes back to display mp and the time as it should, but with tv, it keeps showing the channel and info, does not show time. anyone please:confused:?

Tazzios

Portal Pro
November 7, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
If you play video and series or Tv you won`t see the time. That`s how the plugin is programmed to work it have nothing to do with Imon
You can edit settings text of the display in the plugin. Maybe you can change the behavior in the settings when playing video(movie/serie/tv).

joseosoria

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
tazzis, i dont know if your latest answer is for me. i know what the plugin does. in my case i state again : when i press "stop" for example in videos, the video stops an then the display shows time etc. it has to do that. pretty good. i agree with you i know that, but :

my question is WHY WHEN I PRESS STOP WHILE ON TV, THE PLUGIN KEEPS SHOWING THE CHANNEL INFO?
this is what i do : i am watching tv. i have to get out. i press stop, so tv stops, the screen only shows the tv gui, ok, but the vfd display is still showing the channel i am not longer watching. then i press exit to exit mediaportal, mediaportal desapears from tv screen and goes to system tray as programed to do, ok, now mp is not active, but the vfd is still showing the info of the channel i was watching. then i press power off in my remote and as programed it goes into s3 mode(suspend), ok, pc goes off but vfd is still showing the channel info.
this behavior does not happen with videos or music or tv series or any other stuff, that's what i meant. if i stop for example music , the vfd shows the time as it should only after i stop the music(not while i am on it, that would be crazy). it is just not showinf¡g the time exiting tv. understand now?

Tazzios

Portal Pro
November 7, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sorry then i mis understood. I don`t know a solution for that.

joseosoria

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
well , i found a fix for one of my questions, i downloaded imon v7.77 and unistaled v7.60 (the recomended one ,for me is a bad one) and in minidisplay config, advanced, i checked "use sg_fvd v3 with old firmware", also checked "ensure is running before driver starts", also checked "restart from view on exit" , also checked "force to use keyboard mode with imonpad"(i use my imon remote, works pretty good, dont understand why people complain about it), also checked "monitor power state events" and now when mp starts the plugin starts right away with no more delays.
also with this imon version v7.77 the problem i always had that sometimes i press stop and mp never stops and i see on scren b,b,b,b,b,b for each time i press stop also fixed itself.
now, the developers most fix that issue about when tv is turned off the vfd still shows the tv channel name and epg even when mp is not longer in use. i made a test and turned off "mysql" and tv service and the minisplay changed to "lost connection, press enter", so the plugin is showing the channel info because has not desangaged from mysql and tv server.
for this i have a stupid fix: before turnning off tv i have to press esc twice on my remote control so to get to home window and then press stop(annoing) i hope this help others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom