[confirm] MiniDisplay plugin locking the cd/dvd drive (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Simone: Could you try it with Matrix Orbital GX physically connected? I am trying to enable it and set for Matrix Orbital GX on another machine which doesn't have any minidisplay at all and I cannot reproduce the problem there. Same thing when I select some other displays type in the plugin configuration. I cannot understand how can the display driver lock the drive while it works fine outside MediaPortal and minidisplay plugin, where is the link between this plugin, the specific minidisplay driver and the locked drive, but disabling the plugin unlocks the drive 100%. I remember I used GX display with Microsoft MCE interface and never had a problem like this. How else can I troubleshoot this issue?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I also found that if there is a cd in the drive before MediaPortal starts, all subsequent disk changes are recognized properly, so this might be a workaround and possible clue? Simone: could you confirm the issue and possibly work it out with Ray at Matrix Orbital?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    not often at home those days. Will do my best, but don't expect something soon to happen.

Simone

JorisFRST

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    Hi,

Tried with a DVD, couldn't see it, couldn't play it, changed to windows explorer "please put a cd in blabla".

So I guess this is a confirmed.

The minidisplay plugin does show the disc icon though.

Joris.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for confirming the bug, Joris.

I tried to disable "Use Disk Icon" option in the minidisplay plugin (the only obvious link between the plugin and cd/dvd), but it didn't help. The disk icon on minidisplay always shows correctly if there is a cd/dvd in the drive, no matter if it is locked or not. I also tried to disable DriverCore service - I can see the CD/DVD with the plugin enabled, but the minidisplay is not working of couse. Tried to run the DriverCore service under admin account - does not help.

Matris Orbital native application LCDInfro.exe is able to run, communicate with DriverCore service and display time, cpu and MCE information without locking the CD/DVD.
    Does MiniDidplay plugin communicate with DriverCore service correctly upon the plugin startup? Does it lock the drive while trying to check it's status?

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    With RC3 the workaround does not work for me anymore. With the latest SVN (I never installed RC) I was able to play audio cds if I insert the disk before running MediaPortal. Now that I installed RC3, the only way to play audio CD is to disable MiniDisplay plugin.
    The logs are attached.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    exception during Minidisplay startup. Will try to give it a look, but not today...

Simone

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    sorry for the late answer, but been busy with too much things :p

I'm desolate but I cannot reproduce the issue with a MatrixOrbital hardware and current RC5.

Simone

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This is very disappointing because I reinstalled the system from scratch a few times with both XP and Windows 7 on two different motherboards with bare minimum software, always same and consistent result. Disabling the plugin always unocks the drive. And also same behaviour was confirmed by JorisFRST. How else can we troubleshoot this problem? Will my logs above be of any help?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    greybox, which driver are you using ?

If not too big, please attach them here.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom