[solved] MiniDisplay with imon lcd and 8.2.1202 not scrolling correctly (1 Viewer)

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Any time it tries to scroll text that has time data that updates, it seems to reset the scrolling so it never gets more than a letter or so into the title.

Using autoscroll also just stops at the end and doesn't repeat or scroll back as it is configured to do in imon.

any known work arounds?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's a known issue. Ideally current time display should not scroll, it's just unmanageable otherwise.
    Which hardware are you using exactly, LCD/VFD, brand and model?
    Usually this is not an issue on VFDs.

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    yeah i set it to display time remaining. it's also weird that it adds a hyphen as a line separator when there's only one line in the xml to display.

I'm using the silverstone mfp51. Looked around a while and couldn't find anything else near that large that seemed support.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess things could be improved a bit but I'm unlikely to be looking into that anytime soon.
    You could try your luck with the older driver if you wanted too. I believe it even supports multi line, though I'm not sure how to could be readable from the couch.
    I know I would not bother with the older driver, just wanted to tell you that could be an option.

Looked around a while and couldn't find anything else near that large that seemed support.

You mean in term of MiniDisplay hardware? If you are into DIY I would recommend one of those Futaba VFD.

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    I guess things could be improved a bit but I'm unlikely to be looking into that anytime soon.
    You could try your luck with the older driver if you wanted too. I believe it even supports multi line, though I'm not sure how to could be readable from the couch.
    I know I would not bother with the older driver, just wanted to tell you that could be an option.

Looked around a while and couldn't find anything else near that large that seemed support.

You mean in term of MiniDisplay hardware? If you are into DIY I would recommend one of those Futaba VFD.

Those look cool, but I'm lazy and don't feel like mounting one into my case, so I'm using one of the 5.25" bay ones. I'll dig into the minidisplay code at some point soon and try to fix those bugs. This stupid thing is nice since it has the ir receiver and everything, works well for powering up with a remote since it taps into the harness

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    possible to get that merged? Going to dig into the rest of the scrolling code a bit later

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    read your comments and updated github.

now to figure out why I'm getting #itemName showing for the main menu using titan basichome...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom