[solved] MiniDisplayPlugin: Support for latest iMON VFD/LCD drivers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Now just to know if only fisrt patch is only needed (because if not, we need to solve code based on Tourettes comment) :)
    i think we need solve it, with tourrette comment.

@Stéphane Lenclud : have you read tourette comment, when you have reworked the patch ?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    yup, finishing my new server this weekend so I will be able to test anything you guys need. Will do this version for sure.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii Thanks for your work on NuGet.
    @azzuro Thanks for pointing out @tourettes comments.

I assume @tourettes comments are still valid and should be addressed at some point.
    However since they only concern users of that specific iMON plugin I guess we should be able to check in as is.
    Most are really about improving error handling and performance which could be address later.[DOUBLEPOST=1389380720][/DOUBLEPOST]The only one of @tourettes comments I have addressed without knowing it is the one about changes in the solution SLN file.
    Still IMHO we should go ahead and then improve on what we have.
    I've been using that plugin for over a year and it seems very stable as it is.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Most are really about improving error handling and performance which could be address later.
    sorry to say that,
    but we doesn't like include code lines who can break MePo. this is due to old coding style, lot of new stuff was not really finished, and was added to MP. we (Dev team) have already worked on manys bug related to old "feature", added many time ago, but without lot of testing, and few was added without enhancement and correction.

We want MP
    More Stable
    More Functionnality
    More User Friendly

So, welcome to MePo Aera, and maybe the MediaPortal Fairy, can look above your head

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your call guys but as mentioned above none of the issues mentioned appear to be critical IMHO. Then again I don't have much C# experience TBH.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Your call guys but as mentioned above none of the issues mentioned appear to be critical IMHO. Then again I don't have much C# experience TBH.
    don't think, than your code is bad, is better than me, for sure.

we know, than, a new coding can't be 100% safe , but if we can limit the impact,
    " The best is the enemy of the good" ;)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I created a new patch after a rebase. I also commented on Tourrettes comment on github.
    I would like to drive this forward but you guys need to empower me here.
    I'm new to github, I'm new to MP and mostly new to C#. Though I do have a over 15 years of C++ experience among other programming language (C, VB, Perl...).
    Can I create a new branch on github to manage this instead of dumb patches? Do I need some level of permission to do that?

Ideally MiniDisplay plug-in should be taken out of the MP core but I guess that's beyond the scope of those changes.

Cheers,
    S.

Attachments

• 0001-MiniDisplayLibrary-for-iMON-VFD-and-LCD.patch
      62.3 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom