[solved] MiniDisplayPlugin: Support for latest iMON VFD/LCD drivers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Can I create a new branch on github to manage this instead of dumb patches? Do I need some level of permission to do that?
    no, you can't, but you can create your own fork of MP, and push on your own branch.

Ideally MiniDisplay plug-in should be taken out of the MP core but I guess that's beyond the scope of those changes.
    we working on the split of windowplugins.dll for easy update & bugfix.
    Minidisplay was an external plugin. for github i try to create an small "how to" for help "new" dev.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    With the recent master.
    Minidisplay didn't compil because of removing weather part :) so need to be fixed too :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That's the point, i don't know like it seems old weather code was removed (because not used), so maybe we shoudn't remove it ?
    @elliottmc @seco what do you think ? (remove the weather stuff break minidisplay or now minidisplay should talk with weather lite ?)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    That's the point, i don't know like it seems old weather code was removed (because not used), so maybe we shoudn't remove it ?
    @elliottmc @seco what do you think ? (remove the weather stuff break minidisplay or now minidisplay should talk with weather lite ?)

Old weather code was removed because it was no longer working. I think it is better to remove the code and use a plugin than to leave in (and try to use) non-functional code.

Are the minidisplay plugins part of MP core? If so, I guess we need to do something about this. However, this will really involve more settings to choose the weather plugin to use (WorldWeather/WorldWeatherLite).

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I don't know why anything should reference or use GUIWeather if it's not maintained and even not working anymore..

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Well the window ID for weather should be ID of WorldWeather or what ever is used to show weather...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastii Yes I did fix the compilation errors but the feature won't be working now. If you can tip me on how to get it to work that would be great.
    Here is a pull request:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/pull/33

Hopefully I did it right.

I have take your repo on my local one : https://github.com/Slion/MediaPortal-1/tree/MiniDisplayImonBase
    Does it this branch the latest ? (i'm not sure)

Can you create a branch based on master + your changes ? and i will push it on a new branch on MP1 official repo :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom