[Bug] Minimized Video Playback (1 Viewer)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Minimized Video Playback

Hmmm, just tested it. Now there is sometimes a video preview - the first time entering BasicHome the running TV/Video is shown. Entering Videos in list view, nothing is shown (as it should). Going back to BasicHome, now nothing is shown.
    Going to videos and changing layout to Covers or Coverflow (where it is allowed), preview may be shown, but mostly it is not shown. Now it´s very random....
    EDIT: Now I (possibly) found the reason: Opening the action menu displays a flickering overlay, and depending on when action menu is closed, the overlay displays (or not) :confused:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Minimized Video Playback

Hmmm, just tested it. Now there is sometimes a video preview - the first time entering BasicHome the running TV/Video is shown. Entering Videos in list view, nothing is shown (as it should). Going back to BasicHome, now nothing is shown.
    Going to videos and changing layout to Covers or Coverflow (where it is allowed), preview may be shown, but mostly it is not shown. Now it´s very random....
    EDIT: Now I (possibly) found the reason: Opening the action menu displays a flickering overlay, and depending on when action menu is closed, the overlay displays (or not) :confused:

I did reopen the issue. Fix causes some other issues to happen:

1) start video
    2) press x
    3) go to home screen (video is ok)
    4) go to my videos (overlay is hidden correctly if big icons are used)
    5) go to home -> video is not rendered at all

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Actually I can confirm the issue in 1.1.2 in exactly the case T-Buster first reported. I can also reproduce the error in almost any window and any skin by using the conditions for allowoverlay - i.e. in BlackGlass change the condition in myvideotitle.xml to the same as B3 skins ( <allowoverlay>[facadeview.filmstrip]</allowoverlay>) and you get the same behaviour.

This also applies to shares view, if the condition does not support facadeview.list then the same issue occurs - the videoframe behaves correctly, but the videowindow (actual playback) does not.

I have found that using <allowoverlay>player.hasmedia</allowoverlay> does 'workaround' the issue in some cases, which is what tgx did in BlackGlass, but it still does not work if you restrict the overlay to a facade and do not include facadeview.list, at least in all cases I tried.

Hope that helps debug it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom