[Bug] Minor glitches on scrapping series. (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I really don't know if I can call this a "bug". During the test with SQLite DB Plugin V0.6 I had to reimport my whole test environment. Some of my minor issues are gone with those new version but some are still there.
    All files are MKV with proper Metatags so normally all files should be scrapped correct. There are a total of 3148 files. MP2 scrapped 3145 files. One file was scrapped as series "1" also it's from the series "V" (in German "V - Die außerirdischen Besucher kommen"). So there are 4 mistakes out of 3148 files. A little bit more than 0.1% Not that bad but normally this should be at 0% as all files has metatags with TVDB, season and episodes numbers in...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Another issue is that there never is any artwork for "NCIS: Los Angeles". I think it's due the mass of extra chars :) . and so on) in the name. I never got any artwork in MP2 for this specific series at all... As told before, all files are properly tagged. I've attached Server Log file and MediaInfoLite output for the wrong sorted "V" Episode and for one "NCIS Los Angeles" episode.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Which 3 episodes are completely missing I don't know now. I will investigate further if there is something wrong with those files themselves or if MP2 only "forgot" to add them to database...

I'm pretty sure that on next import other randomly files are "forgotten" or wrongly scrapped as "Series" "1" or "5" or "8" or,... as it was before nearly every time an import was running...

Attachments

• Server.zip
      30.3 KB
    • s01e01 - Tag der Befreiung.mkv.txt.zip
      1.8 KB
    • s01e22 - Hettys Entscheidung.mkv.txt.zip
      2 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm this issue: loading of URIs that contain dots in url segments will fail:
    Example:
    /FanartService/Series/Poster/Navy+CIS:+L.A./200/300 --> /FanartService/Series/Poster/Navy+CIS:+L.A/200/300
    /FanartService/Series/Poster/{Navy+CIS:+L.A.}/200/300 --> this works, dots are left in.

Next thing is to check series name mapping, seems to use a cleaned name (dots missing as well).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    I like to bring another point back to the table, the scrapper. The issue with dots in item names are solved. So e. g. "NCIS: L.A." is working fine now. But names with ? like "Who's the boss?" or "Samatha Who?" are still not showing any artwork.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, this seems to be another issue with the rework, '?' is a special character that needs escaping. I will check this.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Indeed an issue, but I don't know how to solve it (without doing custom escapings):

Those lines are 1) the client side source request URI and 2) the URI of the received request on server
    http://[FE80:0000:0000:0000:C47D:9D5A:A38E:7704]:10692/FanartService/Series/Banner/{Samantha+Who%3f%7d/500/100
    http://[FE80:0000:0000:0000:C47D:9D5A:A38E:7704]:10692/FanartService/Series/Banner/{Samantha Who?%7D/500/100

The issue is, that the question mark inside the "path" part is decoded from "%3F" into "?", which then leads to treating rest of line as query arguments :(

The %7B / %7D are { } which I already added to avoid loss of trailing "." inside segment (this was the issue with NCIS: L.A. the dot was lost).

Any idea how to do it "right"?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the best solution would be to make the entire string for what is requested (everything after Banner) into a query parameter:
    /Series/Banner?id=<UrlEncodedNameOfSeries>
    This is the way it's usually done in dynamic websites (unless you want some nice SEO URLs which we definately don't ;) )

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, this would work. Indeed I had it before this way. I liked the short "url path" notation, that why I changed the url style. I can change everything back to regular querystring like
    /FanArtService?mediatype=Series&fanarttype=Banner&name=Samantha Who%3F&width=500&height=100 instead of:
    /FanartService/Series/Banner/%7bSamantha+Who%3f%7d/500/100

A mix between path/querystring is maybe not the best way

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yep, changed it back and everything works as expected. will create a branch later today.

Valk

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    only quickly read this in the airport but can't you use the Uri encoder / decoder, it'll manage all that for you?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    only quickly read this in the airport but can't you use the Uri encoder / decoder, it'll manage all that for you?
    Yes, I use it and it works well for arguments, but inside the url "path" part, it doesn't. The encoded "?" will be decoded from Uri class into argument separator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom