[confirm] (Minor) MP 1.8 issues (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just updated my machines to 1.8.0, and frankly, it didn't go as smoothly as the previous updates.

On my Dev pc (MP client only) I've got an "Invalid file handle" (I think it was an error 32, but not sure).
    Main htpc (MP client only) went smoothly, and tvserver gave me an "failed to update database".

Devpc got no errors in logs, and all in all, it's a bit of an experimenting machine, so no real issues there. (btw, mp works fine despite the error)
    Tv server turned out to be a timeout in the sql server, so no real issue there too.

One thing that I noticed though, is in the channels.xml in the webepg folder: somehow the following was added:
    Code:
      <section name=".svn">
      <entry name="TotalChannels">0</entry>
      </section>

So as a final conclusion: update went a bit wobbly, but it's working fine now! So (as always) thanks for the good work!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You might want to upload all the logs including the Install logs so as the dev's can take a look and see if there is something larger going on....
    Just a thought.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, I know, but somehow I just blame my machines (and probably for a good reason ;))

Just wanted to get it off my chest, and mention the extra bit in the channels.xml

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    On my Dev pc (MP client only) I've got an "Invalid file handle" (I think it was an error 32, but not sure).
    It seems you're not alone. :oops:
    Main htpc (MP client only) went smoothly
    (y)
    and tvserver gave me an "failed to update database".
    Tv server turned out to be a timeout in the sql server, so no real issue there too.
    Good, indeed we know about this, but haven't acted yet because there was also a statement error, which was fixed, but doesn't seem to completely solve the problem.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, i have supply a installer without the upgrade of the db but let the upgrade to the SQL Engine (5.1 to 5.6).
    The issue is the upgrade of the db, after removing that part, the installation is fine.

I remember creating the patch but i have lost it lol

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure I'm going to be able to reproduce. Tv server in question is my production machine, and I don't want to risk downgrading and upgrading again...
    That combined with the fact that it had been running for quite some time since last reboot, and there are numerous other services running on it, the timeout could probably be explained by having some critical parts of the sqlserver swapped out to disk or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom