[confirm] (Minor) MP 1.8 & Remote Desktop Issue (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, it's not a really major thing, but maybe it is fixable. I can replicate this every time (so maybe is expected behavior, I don't know).

Steps to reproduce:

Open a remote desktop session to the PC (which is not currently running MePo)
    Once inside the RD session open Mediaportal
    Once the 'Loading Window Plugins...' screen prompt is displayed, minimize the RD session to the task bar

Now whenever you maximize the RD session the screen is stuck on 'Loading Window Plugins..." prompt and MePo never reaches the home screen. Sending a Ctrl Alt Del to the remote machine and clicking 'Task Manager' *sometimes* after a short delay causes the homescreen to appear (along with the task manager) but on other occasions task manager begins to render but never finishes and then you have to end the RD session.

Logging back onto the remote machine locally, eventually homescreen appears. When performing this just now to gather logs. After closing MePo I also had an APPCRASH complaining about fontengine.dll.

For info I am connecting from a Windows 8 laptop to the HTPC machine set out in my specs which runs Windows 7.

Thanks!

EDIT: It may be coincidence but I am seeing more than one plugin now causing exceptions like the one shown in the attached logs. The error is always coming from loadskin method 'LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread'. Both Trakt and now LatestMediaHandler are causing these. Has something been changed recently that requires those plugins to change something?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom