Missing bottom information, because overscan (1 Viewer)

marcoll

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
First of all I love this skin! thanks a lot for creating it!

And my question and I really hope someone can help me. I have a plasma screen and had to enable overscan in order to make use of the whole screen. I Windows I miss about the half of the taskbar, which is no problem. But with this skin during movie playback when I press the info button, the below infobar is difficult to see, sometimes it isn't possible to see the time information.

What file or files should I adjust to move this information some pixels higher up?

Hope someone can help! :)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    You can use the internal settings menu to compensate for the overscan (settings -> screen setup -> screen calib (or ui calibration))
    I had to do this on my plasma too!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i have the same problem.. the overscan correction solves this for the normal OSD views but when you press pause for example the OSD shown isn't using these compensated values and still falls off the screen for a part.

marcoll

Portal Member
    October 29, 2007
    Also when just adjusting the OSD offset, it will result in two OSD's, one with the original offset and the other with the adjusted offset..

Oh well, I can live with it, but will keep an eye on this topic if someone finds a solution :)

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    i too was battling overscan with the intel chipset and gave up..... whats worse is that i had the G45 chipset which intel is marketing for HTPCs but it has absolutely no overscan adjustment support...:mad:

the only way with intel is to use powerstripe (which is a pain in the ass), and a registry hack which is also a pain in the ass....

so i got a Asus ATi 4550 card and with its catalyst program got full 1080p with out the overscan... the card was only like $40....

edit: oh yeah and i just watched my 1st BlueRay movie this weekend on my HTPC and the display was flawless... absolutely no issues..

ToXIc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2009
    Home Country
    i had the latest driver and really didnt do anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom