"missing or invalid file ..." appears for almost all pluglins (wikipedia, news, onlinevideos,...) (2 Viewers)

Marc23

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everybody,

I have the MP 1.3 Beta installed and I am very satisfied with it. But it seems that I have made a general mistake by installing the software. During installation I was asked for the folder path. Automatically suggested was "C:\program files (x86)" but due to the german Win7 system I use I replaced the suggestion manually by typing "c:\programme (x86)".

Later I opened the windows explorer and saw that I have now 2 similar folders called "c:\programme (x86)". I assume that "programme (x86)" is just a dynamic windows label or something like that. But mediaportal now is installed in the static folder "c:\programme (x86)" I have created.

Could this be the problem for the error messages I receive by opening the mentioned plugins (OnlineVideos, Wikipedia, News, ...)?

Every time I try to open one of these the following similar messages appear:

"missing or invalid file c:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Skin\Titan\myonlinevideos.xml"

Have I to reinstall the whole MP and all of the plugins or is there a more comfortable solution?

Many thanks for any support.

KR Marc

Last edited:

Marc23

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo?

Does anyone have made similar experiences? Any hints?

Is there a Mediaportal config file where the folder pathes could be edited?

KR Marc

Marc23

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Catavolt!

It is really a pity, but I will do it, if there is no other way.

Uninstalling the whole MP with all plugins means that I will lose all my settings, is not it? Which file/folder I can backup to keep my settings/configuration?

Many thanks!

Marc

Marc23

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
It unfortunately does not worked as thought. Reinstall kept the config files in my static folder.

But now I have already installed everything again and now almost all is working like before.

But for the rss news feeds I still receive the "missing or invalid file" message. But I am still working on that. One stupid question concerning that issue: Does the MP news plugin awaits an url ending with .rss or is a .rdf also O.K.?

Many thanks again.

KR Marc

Marc23

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
c:\rss_error.jpg
Could anybody help? I still receive the "missing or invalid file" error message, when opening the rss news feeds. As feed url I have used

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss

I also have tried other rss feeds but everyone I have tried resulted in the error message.

The wikipedia app and online videos are functioning properly. What can I do to get the rss feeds working? :confused:

KR Marc

Marc23

Portal Member
February 4, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
I just wanted to install and test the smart Playlist plugin. After installing and configuring it, I tried to open it. The result:

"Missing or Invalid file....."

Is it a systematical issue regarding MP 1.3.0? I have checked the compatibility icons and for smart playlists it is stated that it is compatible with 1.3.x.

Could anybody help me?

The situation with RSS news feeds is unchanged (see my posts above). I have tested the Rss plugin on two different win 7 64Bit systems. Same behavior on both systems and installations of MP 1.3.0 RC.

Would be thankful for any hint.

KR Marc

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    These messages refer to a skin issue - means the used skin does not have the necessary skin files to display.
    So pls check your skin whether it supports these plugins ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom