Video Render Type: Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: video codec you used for testing
Audio Codec Type & Version: audio codec you used for testing
TV Card: ATI All-in-Wonder 128 Pro AGP
TV Card Type: software / hardware / DVB
TV Card Driver: ATI Display Driver v6.13.3279.0
Optional Log: parts of the "/log/MediaPortal.log" which show an issue
Optional References: any reference

Synopsis: The text on menus as well as on the becakgounds disappear after first run- meaning everything works ok after install or after changing skins, then on second run the text are replaced by white blocks. Everything else still seems to work- can still click on the menu items and use the program. How do I attach the screenshot to this post?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Looking on the wiki, that card is listed as *may work*, which means it wont be a dx8.1/9 card. Are you able to test MP again with another graphics card just to rule out this possible problem?

FYI: You cant attach images, you need to have them hosted and then link them.

prophet

December 29, 2005
    sad to say I don't have another video card lying around with a TV tuner. I'm thinking though that this might be more of a programn related problem? maybe has something to do with how media portal loads the skins to make it startup faster on successive runs? since I did not have this problem when I first installed the progarm or when I switch skins (one time - each skin); also don't get this problem on first run after I uninstall and reinstall thoroughly by also doing a system restore. Any thoughts on how this could be? hope this can be fixed because the interface looks amazing.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Well if the problem was known about, it would have been fixed in 0200RC2. If its still not fixed there, it must be an isolated problem and I would still look at that video card. You dont need another tv card to test, just a newer video card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom