[confirm] Missing Trailers.xml for Trailers? (1 Viewer)

donkrx

Portal Member
December 23, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was setting up and getting familiar with Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series and ran into an issue with the Titan skin. When I try to open Trailers in MP I get the black screen with the message that C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Trailers.xml is missing. I've encountered issues like this a couple times, but this time I don't see it on github or anywhere else. I noticed in the Titan release notes that there was something about adding support for Trailers so what exactly do I need to do? Couldn't find any info on this.

I've got Trailers and Titan Extended up to date in Extensions Manager, but I'm running MP v1.9 so I don't know if that is a problem.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sounds like you are trying to launch the very old trailers plugin which was deprecated a million years ago and now replaced with OnlineVideos.

The new Trailers plugin doesn't require a skin file except for 'Trailers.Selection.Menu.xml' which is optional for a wider menu.

I suggest re-designing your home screen and remove the bad entry that launches Trailers and replace with OnlineVideos using a trailer site if you intend to *browse* trailers.

If you just want to play trailers from MovingPictures then you don't need an entry on the home screen.

donkrx

Portal Member
    December 23, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ah OK, got it. Thanks for the quick reply.

In fact I was JUST starting to do what you said too. OnlineVideos looks great too. I'm having some issues getting it working but that's a question for a different forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom