imap is not free for gmx user

lazlong

Portal Member
    June 1, 2007
    Perth
    Home Country
    Hi Thanks for this

it is cool and works well.

I use the commercial google app (gmail) and it works great. The only thing is that it takes a while to update. I have quite a few labels (folders) and i am not sure if it parsing all of them (mailbox folders). I can only see the inbox (which is all I want anyway).

Feature requests:
    1. If it is parsing all the folders; is it possible to only select what folders you want updated? Again if it is can I also view those folders? Not a big issue as I only want inbox anyway.
    2. Like the older (unusable) gmail plugin would it be possible to have a pop up option for new mail? I can probably use iMon with my VFD but a pop up with a scheduler would be exceptionally cool and an option to turn it off when watching a movie.

Future development idea.
    Send emails :) - not a big issue but maybe cool. I use a remote wireless 2.4Ghz keyboard and in fact am writing this on my HTPC in my lounge room.

Just some ideas.

Thanks again for this working plugin. Excellent job

mannmanny

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2008
    Wendelstein, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I only update the header information of the "inbox" folder. This is done when a new mail is on the server or you have marked a mail to delete. If one of these 2 events occur the update reads all the header in the inbox. There is room for performance improvements :))
    I'm working on a new Version, mainly because of internationalization of reading mail text. The notification should not be a big issue and I'll try to get that in.

mannmanny

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2008
    Wendelstein, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Folks,
    There is a new version of MkMail available on the downloadpage ( see first post in this thread).
    The main new features of V 0.7.0 are:
    * Internationalization - MkMail is now also usable for non german or english speaking MP users ( thx andeyua for help)
    * Notification - A Dialog is pops up, when your Mailbox changes (e.g. new mails)
    * Peformance - Picking the mail headers from the server has been reworked to improve performance
    * Mailbox Selection - The Mailbox View can be selected with a button at any time
    * fixed Bug - reading 8bit E-Mails hangs up MP
    It should work with V 1.0.x and with V 1.1.0 Beta. If there are problems with the new version please let me know in this thread or with an email.

mannmanny

mannmanny

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 15, 2008
    Wendelstein, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It has skins for Blue3 and Blue3wide

If you want to make other skins working you can try that by copying some files from the Blue3 or blue3wide skin to your favorite skin:

1. copy mkmail.xml and mkmailinfo.xml from Blue3 skin folder to your skin folder

2. copy button_new.png, hover_MkMail.png, mail_logo.png, newMailIcon.png, newMailIconDel.png, openMailIcon.png, openMailIconDel.png from the Media Folder in blue3 skin to the media folder of your favorite skin folder

This should work.
    MK

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks for this, mannmanny. And thanks for using the MP installer, which installs default skinfiles for every skin you have installed, if you want :)

Btw, if anyone want to modify the skinfiles to fit their desired skin, these are what you need to alter:
    [skin]\mkmail.xml
    [skin]\media\hover_MkMail.png

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Maybe someone can modify the skinfiles for StreamedMP look? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom