Tools and other software MkvTagger: Edit tags MKV tags (incl. MP-TVSeries, TheTvDB.com, TheMovieDB, MusicVideos ...) (4 Viewers)

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
November 10, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Chefkoch,

i have the same problem like BlueMax1916. I mux my old avi-containers to mkv with mkvmerge. But when i try to add tags in matroskatagger in custom MovieTag-Section i can load the metadata with the imdb-id and list it in new XML-Section. But when i press save, the whole metadata are empty. This is only with files from mkvmerge by myself. At original-mkv files it has right function.

ndjamena

May 27, 2014
Perth, Western Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Oh, the program's not playing well with the new track statistics tags... Either edit the xml file to remove the TrackUID entries and the Track Tags themselves (everything that starts with _ and all the tags listed in _STATISTICS_TAGS) or remux the files with the --disable-track-statistics-tags option and try again.

Grrrr!

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, the program's not playing well with the new track statistics tags... Either edit the xml file to remove the TrackUID entries and the Track Tags themselves (everything that starts with _ and all the tags listed in _STATISTICS_TAGS) or remux the files with the --disable-track-statistics-tags option and try again.

Grrrr!

Thank you, that did the trick! XMedia Recode puts only TRACKUID references into the XML file. No tags starting with "_". But those prevent the sdaving of the meta data information into the MKV container. Removing those TRACKUID XML structures let MkvTagger save the Metadata in the MKV XML file. It also reconstructed those XML structures with its own TRACKUID information before it wrote the XML file.

Unfortunately XMedia Recode has no way to attach user configurable command line options during the recoding process.

Cheers

Blue Max

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I tried this tool also to tag some of my mkv files. The main reasin was that I hoped that different media servers finally reckognize them correctly at fetching metadata.

My problem is that MKVtagger does not even write the "Title" tag into the files. It writes it into the "title" xml tag but not into the mkv segment information "Title" section. And that is what media server read (VLC MediaPlayer or Infuse 3 from firecore).

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Chefkoch,

normally, I muxed my avi-containers with mkvmergeGUI to mkv. But mkvmergeGUI don't create a mkv-inserted xml-file (named as global item in mkvmergegui). So i must do it with other Converters like Freemake Video Converter to have a inserted xml-file in my mkv. But then i must do a complete reconvert. Is it possible, that the next release of mkvtagger have a option, that a xml-file create in a mkv-file, if it not exist?

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Have you ever tried MKV Buddy? Does lot more than tagging, but was started as an alternative to MKVtagger.
    yes, tried that. I cannot recall now why but I did not like it. Thank you for your hint though. I will try it once again and maybe ask you for help!

edit: I can recall now... The screen "by pressing OK all videos will be processed. (...) can not be aborted" scared the shit out of me, I did not dare click OK... I wished myself some manual control like a button "save" if I am satisfied with the tagging result ;)

Last edited:

heiserfeger77

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

there is no real alternative to it

Have you ever tried MKV Buddy? Does lot more than tagging, but was started as an alternative to MKVtagger.

I take a look of this program. The post from kszabo is right to me. Best for editing the mkv is a listinginterface like mp3tag. So it would be able to manage many files and even have manual control about the single one.

Behaps it is possible in a future release. I will give feedback in the mkvbuddy-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom