Tools and other software MkvTagger: Edit tags MKV tags (incl. MP-TVSeries, TheTvDB.com, TheMovieDB, MusicVideos ...) (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I first need to make a complete GUI with config options before I can add such a dangerous feature as deleting the originals...
    Especially on older avi and/or mpg files there often the resulting mkv isn't as wanted. Those files often need some complete recoding to get rid of all the errors. Sometimes even this did not work so they have to stay as they are... On collecting series you need to have lots of older not that good stuff to complete the series. If a series runs for 10 years or more eg. ER or to be extreme Doctor Who (runs since the 1960th up to now) it's simply impossible to find good files... Sometimes you can grab a better version later, but in lots of cases you have to fiddle with ugly made avi/mpg...

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, new version attached to first post:

Changes said:
    • reworked tag reading
    • added tag writing
    • reworked gui design
    • added background worker
    • added progress updates
    • added possibility to create custom tag files for series & movies

- it would be nice if it defaulted to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3, or at least the directory, saves navigating for 99% of users
    - stage 2, reading tags from existing mkv-files, is insane. It spawns a cmd shell for each of my 24,000 tv shows, which renders my PC unusable while it runs since each shell steals mouse/keyboard focus. Good news: This stage took only 8 mins, but really it needs to spawn a single cmd window or better yet, not display the cmd window at all so I can keep using my pc while its running.
    - stage 3, "Write Episode Infos" is alarming. What is it writing, and to what? Anything that is going to touch my collection should explain itself. (Yes, I know I should try this on a subset first for testing, but that's beside the point. Even when this has been tested, its still going to raise alarm bells)
    - starting stage 3 freezes the app/window for about a minute or two. I can see that its still using 1-2% of my CPU, but I don't know what its doing, how long its going to take, and whether its hung.
    - stage 4 brings up that cmd shell (mkvpropedit.exe) for each file, with the text "the file is analysed// The changes are written to the file." This needs to be a single display, showing which file its actively working on, again so that it doesn't render my PC unusable during the stage.
    - I don't know what stage 4 is doing - is it updating existing mkv files with a few bytes of text, or is it reading and writing each mkv file in and out? I have >15TB of files - reading/writing that amount of data would be totally insane. (And can I interrupt/kill it without damaging whatever file its working on?)

Fixed

Ah, good. Last question: Now that it has finished, can I delete the 24,000 .xml files it created? I assume these were only temporary and the contents of each is now safely inside each mkv file, thus I should be able to delete them. Yes?
    Fixed: xml files, which were written to mkv-files can be removed optionally.

- I'm not sure if there's a problem that I have my TV files split in several places/machines. It only lets me specify one folder for media files.
    Won't be changed.

I would like to point out:
    Before requesting a change or feature you should know that:
    • I won't include a feature to mux non-MKV files into MKV-files. This should be done manually to select audio stream languages and other properties or merge splitted video files into one MKV, etc.
      If you would like to have it, you can
      • create a script to do it and run it after creating the XML files.
        Also see Lehmden's tool
      • modifiy the source code of my utility.
        Please do NOT share your own builds within this thread.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    including Sub- Dir support

Sub-Dir? If it has all the extra new features in it as above, I'll give it my full Dir support!

yuck yuck. I'm so funny cuz I made a play on my name

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Made some improvements to the tool: You can now also tag MusicVideos.
    If any WPF developers are interested to help with the GUI development or any other things I am happy for any support as my spare time I won't have time next weeks to heavily improve. Minor tweaks might be possible.

BTW: We are also always looking for developers for MP2, i.e. the music plugin could be heavy improved to download coverarts, fanarts etc. Or even if you would like to implement MusicVideos within the media plugin, we might be happy to see more / new devs.

Here a screenshot:
    20130307_125954.png

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I really like the idea of having meta data inside the mkv files :D
    Will you be adding moving pictures database -> individual xml files support as well?

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    uploaded a new version it's still everything heavily WIP, so please be careful.
    • improved the mass-xml tag creation from MP-TVSeries
    • extended the available Series/Episode infos
    • added TheTvDb.com lookup for single file tagging

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    added a new version:
    • cleanup of tags if it contains not simple tag (i.e. movie without collection infos)
    • fixed: network was not visible as textbox
    • added TMDB lookup for movies
    • added links to open imdb.com or themoviedb.com
    • improved loading and saving settings
    • added new screenshots to first post of the thread
    Known issues:
    Certification is not read from tmdb, yet, needs to be implemented in our MP2 API wrapper first

It's is planned to improve the tool even more, maybe also by updating the tags from online resources for multiple files at once,
    But besides major bug fixes there won't be much development within the next weeks.
    The download will also remain within the forums, until the application is stability increase a lot. (Then it will be moved to the homepage's tool section)

Feedback, improvement suggestions and code patches are always welcome and appreciated.
    I've also extended the tag mapping within the wiki. Within the last column you can see the tags, which are supported by MkvTagger.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_...ncepts/Metadata_system/MediaAspects/MovieTags
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_...cepts/Metadata_system/MediaAspects/SeriesTags

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks for the new version. Is working quite well as long as the file name did not contain special chars like '. I wanted to tag a File named "S02E02 - Der Würger von Raven's Wood.mkv" (it's an episode of "Midsomer Murders", in German "Inspector Barnaby", just recorded from ZDF Neo where the filename also comes from...). This leads to SQL Query errors. I had to rename the file to "S02E02 - Der Würger von Ravens Wood.mkv" to tag it properly. Older versions did not have issues with those chars as I'm completely through my collection and I'm sure there are more files with such chars in filename.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom