Tools and other software MkvTagger: Edit tags MKV tags (incl. MP-TVSeries, TheTvDB.com, TheMovieDB, MusicVideos ...) (3 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Previously I had used Version from 2013-03-07 which did not have this issue. E.g. "S00E01 - Tod in Badger's Drift.mkv" also from Midsomer Murders is tagged with that version properly.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi chefkoch!

Finally i have found time to make some tests with mkvtagger and i am very impressed. It is working fine here. I think this "little" tool will have a great future and i hope, that support for more tags (CHARACTER) and Moving Pictures will follow soon!

Big Thanks for your great work

Helios

Last edited:

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This looks very interesting indeed, and will no doubt be ready for the release of mp2 but thats a long way off yet, will this type of feature become available for mepo version 1.4.0 and above?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This looks very interesting indeed, and will no doubt be ready for the release of mp2 but thats a long way off yet, will this type of feature become available for mepo version 1.4.0 and above?
    No idea, sorry. Best would be to create a feature request within the MP1 forums.
    I am working on MP2 only, which takes already too much of my time, sorry.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I encounter problems when I try to tag MKV from recorded movies or series via 'Custom Movie Tag' and 'Custom Series Tag'. The XML file will not be saved in the respective file when I click on 'Save'. When I load the MKV again into MkvTagger the XML file is still the default one. MkvTagger works flawlessly with other MKV video files though. The gathered information will be saved properly. I normally encode the MKV from TS files via XMediaRecode. Is the problem maybe with XMedia Recode? Is there something that prevents the freshly generated MKV to have a basic XML inside after encoding? Or what could it be.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is the problem maybe with XMedia Recode?
    No, it's not. It's a problem with MKVTagger. Sometimes the xml isn't written into the mkv file. Just try again, normally it is saved then.. Before pressing save just copy the content of "New XML" to clipboard, just to be sure you'll have it again if needed.
    Normally I'm using the TVSeries Part only. I'll add new episodes to a special MyTVSeries DB on my working PC and then do a batch tag with MKVTagger. Movies I'll prepare with tMM and export those infos to xml...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom