rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Name of Mod: 16 Row TV Guide

Description:
    Australians recently got two new digital channels and I personally hate the way the EPG scrolls if the channel list doesn't fit on the screen (scrolling down past the bottom of the list takes you to the top, but scrolling up at the top of the list leaves you stuck there).

This is a mod to fit 16 rows of EPG data on the screen. This has been tested on a 1360x768 screen only (ie at the 1280x720 skin resolution). Can't test 1900x1080 unfortunately :(

The mod tidies up the TV Guide xml file a bit, locating everything necessary to change the number of rows in the various 8, 10, 12 (and new 16) custom row xml files.

Compatible with Streamed MP version: 1.3.1

Files that are changed:
    • mytvguide.xml
    • mytvguide.common.8rows.channeltemplate.xml
    • mytvguide.common.10rows.channeltemplate.xml
    • mytvguide.common.12rows.channeltemplate.xml
    • [NEW] mytvguide.common.16rows.channeltemplate.xml

Obviously, if taken up, this would also require changes to the installer. To use, just copy these files into the skin folder. To switch back to one of the other guide row sizes, change the relevant line in mytvguide.xml to point to the appropriate mytvguide.common.x.rows.channeltemplate.xml file.

The attached screenshot only shows 15 channels - rest assured, this was tested with 16, but the new 16th channel hasn't started broadcasting yet and I reset my duplicate test channel.

Cheers,

Rob.

Attachments

• TVGuide 16 Rows.png
      TVGuide 16 Rows.png
      596.8 KB
    • mytvguide.common.8rows.channeltemplate.xml
      1.5 KB
    • mytvguide.common.10rows.channeltemplate.xml
      1.5 KB
    • mytvguide.common.16rows.channeltemplate.xml
      1.5 KB
    • mytvguide.common.12rows.channeltemplate.xml
      1.5 KB

superted125

Portal Member
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Looks great! I will give it a go on my 1920 x 1080 MP installation asap (and yes im in AUS too :D)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Will try get this patch integrated into next release.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    16 Row TVGuide is in the latest patch, you can set to 16rows from GUI->Settings->Skin->TV.

A note to all, if you manually update any of your XMLs (e.g. install a custom MOD like this) the patch system will NOT upgrade over any of those modified files....this means you will not get any other bug fixes associated to those XMLs.

You need to uninstall the skin and then re-install + patch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom