[MOD] Another skin layout for WorldWeather plugin (First release 12/01/2013) (1 Viewer)

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

this is my personal mod of the "WorldWeather full edition plugin" skin for StreamedMP.

My main goal was to write a theme strongly oriented to display images (webcams or satellite).

I removed all those options that could confuse a novice user, minimizing the keys to use.

Here is only a beta (I still have to add support for chart, hourly, graphical, historical display and add icons navigation buttons to the images section).

How to install:

1) overwrite the following files in the folder ...skin\StreamedMP:

WorldWeather.xml
    WorldWeatherImage.xml
    WorldWeatherGeoClock.xml
    WorldWeatherAstronomy.xml
    WorldWeatherHolidays.xml

2) copy the entire contents of ...skin\DefaultWide\Media\WorldWeather in ...skin\StreamedMP\Media\WorldWeather.

How to configure for optimal use:

- use Foreca as Current condition provider and wetter.com as Forecast condition provider;
    - use as the first image in the panel Weather Images a webcam of the selected location;
    - use as the second image a global satellite image (for Europe suggest http://wwwdyn.zdf.de/ext/weather/sat-euri-0-48.jpg or the animated version http://wwwdyn.zdf.de/ext/weather/sat-euri-0-<rangenumber:10,48,2>.jpg);
    - to the rss feed (only supported the first feed) set "Count" to "1" and "Separator" to "Empty line".

How to navigate in the windows:

press Enter key over the first button in the lower left corner to change window;
    press Left or Right key to navigate to the buttons;
    press Up or Down key to change image in Weather Images panel (only if there is more than one image).

Regards,
    xavier.

Attachments

• MOD_Sample_00.jpg
      MOD_Sample_00.jpg
      181.4 KB
    • MOD_Sample_01.jpg
      MOD_Sample_01.jpg
      174.8 KB
    • MOD_Sample_02.jpg
      MOD_Sample_02.jpg
      159 KB