modified Slideshow plugin (1 Viewer)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

So just to be clear. I did what you said earlier. But instead of copying the original bluetwo skin folder, I just renamed the slideshow.xml to .bak and downloaded your slideshow.xml file and put it in the bluetwo 4:3 folder.

I did not copy any of the bin folder as you said I could use the ORIGINAL bluetwo folder. I didnt want to have a new skin folder for this mod as I have modified some other skin files (removed the username in my music menus etc).

Basically if you can tell me exactly which files I need to update an ORIGINAL bluetwo skin folder with it should work? It sounds like I also need to copy the windowsplugins.dll as well?

So I need to overwrite (having backed up) the following?......

1) mediaportal\plugins\Windows\WindowPlugins.dll
2) mediaportal\skin\bluetwo\slideshow.xml

Cheers,
Colin

EDIT: I have just tried also copying the windowsplugis.dll file and it now works :0)

Is it possible to not have it displayed the info automatically, but have it appear when I manually press F3?

RaveDude

Portal Member
September 12, 2007
Hi,
So I need to overwrite (having backed up) the following?......

1) mediaportal\plugins\Windows\WindowPlugins.dll
2) mediaportal\skin\bluetwo\slideshow.xml

EDIT: I have just tried also copying the windowsplugis.dll file and it now works :0)

Is it possible to not have it displayed the info automatically, but have it appear when I manually press F3?

Excellent! :)

Yes those are the two files you need.

I can compile a version that doesn't show the OSD automatically. I guess the next thing I have to look into is making the plugin configurable, because then it would be much more usable for more people.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
Hi,

Tweeked the layout for the 4:3.....

Also, what would be clever is that if it automatically had the exif comment in the middle (as now), but if that was missing it replaced it with the filename instead. Is that possible? Then I would remove the filename entry from the top left corner. Making all this configurable in a GUI as part of the config would be great, but more work i guess!! the the user can choose which info to have displayed and where in the OSD. Also, as you said, an option to auto display the OSD or not in the slideshow.

Attached is the screenshot and slideshow.xml file which achieved this.....

P.S. Your hard work NEEDS to be included in the SVNs for sure!!!!

RaveDude

Portal Member
September 12, 2007
I compiled a version that doesn't show the osd when picture changes, it's in the first post.

I'll add the comment/filename thing to my todolist, good suggestion.

Yeah, it would be nice if they include this in the SVN :)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
Hi,

Do you need to attached the full skin? How about just those files that are required for it to work? You wouldnt need to host them externally as those 2 files are small ;0)

Cheers,
Colin

RaveDude

Portal Member
September 12, 2007
I just thought it's more "user friendly" to have the whole skins, but yeah it looks like the .dll takes only 1,7MB so I'll probably just attach the newest version of that from now on.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
Hi Rave,

The new version of the windowsplugin.dll displays the date seperator as ":" and not "/". Auto OSD version was ok as "/". Small problem ;0)

Cheers,
Colin

RaveDude

Portal Member
September 12, 2007
Hi Rave,

The new version of the windowsplugin.dll displays the date seperator as ":" and not "/". Auto OSD version was ok as "/". Small problem ;0)

Cheers,
Colin

It must be that the unicode fix somehow changed that. I'm planning to make the date format also configurable, because here in Finland for example the standard separator is ".".

Edit: Looks like the properties window shows the date correctly, probably according to the windows regional settings. I have added this to my todo list. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom