Moncaso 320 VFD support (1 Viewer)

TLawson

June 26, 2011
Alabama
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
dkoscak,

I just installed your dll, and booted everything up. The remote and display worked like a charm. You are a lifesaver! Well, case-saver maybe, as the VFD was the reason I chose the 320 over the 312 and I was extremely disappointed in the stock software. I'll let you know if I run into any problems, and if you have any more versions you need to test, let me know.

Thanks

richardss

August 6, 2011
Re: AW: Moncaso 320 VFD support

dkoscak, great work getting this VFD working. I'm using XBMC-Live (Ubuntu rather than Windows). I've been trying for ages to get this VFD to work with LCDproc, but the drivers aren't there. Using the hd44780 driver I am able to connect to it and get it to display some garbled rubbish.

I think the weak link is the 'connection type' which I believe is like a driver and defines how the hd44780 driver formats its output to the VFD.

I realise that you're probably not using XBMC, and are happily running your VFD on windows, however if you or anyone else is able to help with this I would be more than happy to make a donation to any beer-fund you may have going...

womiha

September 24, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Call for help: More information on VFD wanted!

I have written an LCDproc driver for the Linux world, I am able to write text and to enable icons.
However, any piece of information how to control the VFD is highly appreciated!

womiha

September 24, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sorry, this is a LCDproc driver, which is a Linux application. I am not aware of a Windows port.

However, I would love to share my findings if anyone is interested.

hutstein

November 20, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Moncaso 320 VFD support

The solution from dkoscaz was working fine with MP 1.1.x but with update to 1.2.0 it did no longer work.
I already tried to contact him some month ago, but no reply so far.

I could provide a MiniDisplayLibrary.dll and RemotePlugins.dll which is currently in use on my htpc.
I didn't implement the icon's thing, but Text on VFD and Remote is working fine.

coolblue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    nähe Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moncaso 320 VFD support

Hi hulstein,

can you send me your modified DLLs ? Is there a way to commit these changes to the main project, so all users can benefit from it?

dkoscak

Portal Member
    January 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi!

I've been out of the HTPC & Mediaportal world for quite a while now, still have Mediaportal 1.1.2 configuration but I'm using it very very rarely :(

I see that the actual version od Mediaportal is 1.6 and I know that I should upgrade (and that would most certainly include porting Moncaso VFD support to the newest version), but unfortunately I don't know when I'll have some spare time to do it all together.

If someone else would be interested in porting Moncaso VFD support to Mediaportal 1.6, I can provide sources from Mediaportal 1.1.2 version (VLSYS_Mplay.cs and VLSYS_AdvancedSetupForm.cs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom