monitor := standby && screen := startpage && (1 Viewer)

f0rmula

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
Cambridge
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is it possible to configure my hauppauge remote control to place the monitor in standby mode, turn the TV reception off, and take mediaportal back to the startup screen?

When I press the "off" button, I have no desire to actually turn off the PC, or exit media portal, just turn off the display and tuner..

I had imagined that windows wouldn't expose its API for power management, as it wouldn't want anything messing controlling it beneath it's feet, but I wasn't sure..

Thanks for any replies.

Oh, and I might add, thanks for all the development.. This is really turning into a superb product. I've used a number of PVRs before, and the quality and polish of MediaPortal is absolutely astounding for an open source project. I don't know if this is good project management, or just to good coding, but something is obviously working.. :)

EDIT: Gah.. Subject line was bizarrely truncated, without warning.. Odd.. Was supposed to be a little more descriptive :)

James

f0rmula

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
Cambridge
Home Country
You're more than welcome..

Is it not possible for MediaPortal to put a monitor into standby mode, or is it not possible to perform multiple commands from a single remote press?

Just curious. I'm thinking possibly some kind of trivial macro "list of commands" that a single button can perform would be nice..

James

f0rmula

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
Cambridge
Home Country
dragongc said:
I think that you can use external soft and some mix of MP plugins to do this.
i.e.:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html
Grider
and MyKeys plugin
I need the same think cos my MP i also Internet Getway.

Superb!

That little app is brilliant! Lot's of little functions I can put in scripts. And also shows that Microsoft have exposed the power saving calls to user level apps. Kudos.

So from the earlier reply I'm assuming I also can't configure my remote in MediaPortal to spawn external processes. I did notice something along the line of a "Allow remote to be used by other applications" checkbox somewhere. If I could find another app to listen to the Hauppauge remote, and run batch files, then that's the problem solved! I could make the other app turn off the monitor, and the sound, and use myKeys to move the mediaportal screen back to "Home".

Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom