Monochrome (for those who like dark skins), updated... (1 Viewer)

DarkWader

Portal Pro
October 3, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
hi
just wondering if it wouldn't be better to use the 1360X768 resolution, to avoid scaling on standard-lcd diplays?
regards
Not to start a debate, but I dont see why mediaportal should be using LCD displays native resoulutions as default.
They are computer resolutions.
Mediaportal is a HTPC software, and today everyone has a 720 or 1080 HD resolution. If they dont, they will shortly.

To play movies on your PC, get something else like winamp.

And start creating skins in 1280x720 or 1920x1080!

;)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hmrf.. So where is my version! hehe
    All in good time ;).

Its another skin for meedio in progress that looks a little like yours, thats where i took the idea.
    http://www.meedios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1477
    Actually that skin is based on the mac centerstage htpc interface. I've been working on this idea since posting that original "Noir" mockup. This is the culmination of loads of mockups based on centerstage, appletv, some dark skins from the xbox forums, xface and the new iphone ;).

And start creating skins in 1280x720 or 1920x1080!
    Funny you should mention that, I was thinking about it today actually. I recently replaced my Silverstone LC16M monster htpc with a new shiny little Asus Pundit P1-P5945G, works a treat - but the best res for my lcd tv is 1280x720 :). It would also make it easier for pixel alignment on my dev laptop. Rant over...

DarkWader

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Good good!

But, while you are at it; can you create this skin with a possibility to turn off animations?
    Animations are nice, but I prefer them off. switching screens are much faster then.

I dont know if it would be possible, and still get the desired effects, like the filmstrip view zoom's, and spinaround menues...

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Omg that looks really good.. Best looking skin I've seen so far!

Btw Please do 1280x720. :D

Had some time so I made this.. Looks awesome! Alpha release soon? :D

Attachments

• tvseries.jpg
      tvseries.jpg
      354.3 KB

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've just reworked everything I had done so far, Monochrome will now be 1280x720 :).

@ spuck, that looks good, what to do with fan art though, and logos.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That's good. :)

Didn't think fan art would fit with this skin anyway, big season covers look better anyway. :)
    There's a lot of room for logos in the bottom right corner but I didn't wanna use the regular one's. The logos should match the skin. :)

J

joostzilla

I've just reworked everything I had done so far, Monochrome will now be 1280x720 :).

@ spuck, that looks good, what to do with fan art though, and logos.

Why downscale the skin to 1280x720 if almost every LCD TV uses 1366x768?
    I just don't get that! imo downscaling by your tv is always better than upscaling.
    Can you explain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom