[In Next Release] More columns and rows for MyTVSeries would be nice (1 Viewer)

raffe

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
Hi!
First, thanks for a REALLY nice skin! :)

I only have one suggestion and that is for MyTVSeries. I have 202 series, so there is a lot of scrolling when we are choosing a series at home ;)
  • My suggestion is to make an option in Settings where we can choose to have many columns and rows in Titan (so it's like the DefaultWide).
  • When I choose 'Wide Banners' in Titan skin I have only 1 column and 4 rows, I feel 'List Posters' and 'Wide Banners' are very alike. Both are a list that you scroll down.
  • In DefaultWide you have 3 columns and 5 rows, so if you have many series it goes much faster to scroll.
HgCNV.jpg

In Titan skin we only see 4 series on one page, and every step down 1 more. So there are 198 rows to scroll:
4cWVz.jpg

In DefaultWide we see 15 series on one page, and every step down 3 more. So there are only 62 rows to scroll:
KQBT2.jpg

EDIT:
I saw that I got some new likes, so I just want to tell (to anyone who don't know this) that a solution for this is already released. When you have the Titan skin you go (with your remote) to Skin settings (Titan Home -> Settings -> GUI -> Skin -> More Settings -> TV Series -> Banner options). There you can choose between a few different options of columns.

Last edited:

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    this would be my main request - additional options for wide banners to display more content. Perhaps stretching to moving pictures too so that the whole of the screen could be used for cover icons rather than the left hand side. Otherwise I like the skin, and the options to customise the theme of it.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Why not use the List+Posters layout when you have such an extensive library? Or just add the shows you are currently watching to your Favourites list?

Emph

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Emph - I am using list and posters but it still doesn't feel as nice to use as the wide banner view with a bigger grid - it's no show stopper but a personal preference and something I have been used to with other skins that its standard on as an option.

J

joostzilla

More views are designed but not yet implemented.
    This wide bannerview shows 8 series. More is always possible :)

Attachments

• Titan_TVseries_wide banner_v2.jpg
      Titan_TVseries_wide banner_v2.jpg
      1.2 MB

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Why not use the List+Posters layout when you have such an extensive library? Or just add the shows you are currently watching to your Favourites list?

Emph
    It's still 47 rows to browse with 202 series.
    Nice! But with 202 series, its still 97 rows to browse.

With (3 x 5) on one page, and every step down 3 more there are 62 rows to scroll.

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Emph
    It's still 47 rows to browse with 202 series.
    Nice! But with 202 series, its still 97 rows to browse.

With (3 x 5) on one page, and every step down 3 more there are 62 rows to scroll.

How about adding some custom categories to your setup? That should bring your browsing down considerably. I don't know how many users have a series library this extensive though, maybe I'm a minority with my puny collection. :)

Emph

NTM

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2007
    I usually just use the remote to type the first letter of the show I want.
    Pressing 6 one time brings me to M, pressing 7 three times brings me to R. It's a lot faster than scrolling :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom