[In Next Release] More columns and rows for MyTVSeries would be nice (1 Viewer)

bawheid

Portal Member
December 28, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
How about adding some custom categories to your setup? That should bring your browsing down considerably. I don't know how many users have a series library this extensive though, maybe I'm a minority with my puny collection. :)

Emph

It's not an unreasonable feature request as I'm guessing you probably are in the minority, or at the very least large libraries aren't in the minority. I currently have 141 series in MyTVSeries and have found 3x7 to be the most convenient in Streamed MP.

Same goes for Moving Pictures. I'm just shy of 1000 full length 1080p movies, with around 200 in a separate 'music' category and around 400 in a standard definition category. For Moving Pictures I've found 12x3 (with info at the bottom) to be the most manageable.

I usually just use the remote to type the first letter of the show I want.
Pressing 6 one time brings me to M, pressing 7 three times brings me to R. It's a lot faster than scrolling :)

As for this, I guess it's down to how you use MediaPortal and how many shows you watch on a weekly basis. The majority of my viewing is done with my girlfriend as we watch a lot of the same shows, so this usually involves scrolling down to see what's marked as 'New' and what we're both in the mood for. When I'm watching something alone, I usually know exactly what I want to watch which is when the number keys come into play.

Thanks joostzilla, glad to know it's being worked on. I've said it in another thread that I didn't think I would ever stray away from Streamed MP, but Titan is absolutely gorgeous. Your work is very much appreciated!

Aktion_Man

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Firstly Titan has blown me away! - Ok where was I... Ah yes.
+1 to more rows - I've got 60+ TV Shows
I would use the film strip view, but cant use the up / down arrows to quickly see the next set of 7 shows, it's the same for coverflow. - but maybe they're not the way they're meant to work.

@bawheid
As for this, I guess it's down to how you use MediaPortal and how many shows you watch on a weekly basis. The majority of my viewing is done with my girlfriend as we watch a lot of the same shows, so this usually involves scrolling down to see what's marked as 'New' and what we're both in the mood for. When I'm watching something alone, I usually know exactly what I want to watch which is when the number keys come into play.

So what you'd like to see here is to have the series banners / list sorted based off Added date?
Now you can already kind of do this Menu > Switch View > 10 Recently Added. Which gives you a list of eps.
I'd personally like to see the Series banners first and then decide which one to watch.

bawheid

Portal Member
December 28, 2010
Home Country
@bawheid

So what you'd like to see here is to have the series banners / list sorted based off Added date?
Now you can already kind of do this Menu > Switch View > 10 Recently Added. Which gives you a list of eps.
I'd personally like to see the Series banners first and then decide which one to watch.

Nah, we use Recently Added for Moving Pictures but it wouldn't work with MyTVSeries. Sometimes we don't get a chance to chance to catch up on all of the weeks TV meaning we have a backlog of 2 - 3 episodes of a show sometimes, so the last 10 wouldn't work. Also, for example, we didn't watch Supernatural when it first aired and the other half has never seen any of the Ken Burns documentaries, so right now we're watching those in between episodes of current shows.

The issue I'm having is the same as the OP; too many button presses to scroll through everything.

Last edited:

raffe

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
Thank you for making this to [In Next Release]! If you need help with testing, I'm here for you! As we at my home never can agree on what show to see, we are experts on scrolling up and down in the series view while arguing what to see ;)

For others who don't have many series yet, I can promise your database will grow :p

Last edited:

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    I dont suppose there is a test xml set for this like with the epg fix, or any advise how I can edit this myself - would be interested to learn a bit more.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    shameless nudge - I know there has been a new release of Titan, but this doesnt appear to have made it into it - any update on when this should be published into Titan?

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    I saw that I got some new likes, so I just want to tell (to anyone who don't know this) that a solution for this is already released. When you have the Titan skin you go (with your remote) to Skin settings (Titan Home -> Settings -> GUI -> Skin -> More Settings -> TV Series -> Banner options). There you can choose between a few different options of columns.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    Thanks raffe - but I don't see a More Settings option in the skin settings page? Just the options to change epg tv guide rows and theme etc?

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Hmm... :unsure: Could it be that you need to have Titan Extended (see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/4_Skins/Titan_Extended and https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/widescreen/titan-extended )? Do you have it?

Edit: This is how it looks on my computer:
    90cnxXt.jpg

And when I choose "More Settings" I can choose "TV Series". There I can choose "Widebanner Layout: 6x2" (as an example).
    9wC9Lul.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom