More help with .nfo Imports (1 Viewer)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi guys.
About 1 and half years ago I tried mediaportal2 in the hopes it would import movies and series from nfo files. And though at the time it was supported in theory, I had several issues. Mainly that I could never actually determine if MP2 was importing data from the Nfo files and local data (backdrops, fan art etc) or re downloading. And the tv series import would just override the supplied nfos.

So, I have today tried the new MP2 2.1 Pre release in the hopes there has been progress.
I have set up the folder shares with my test files, and asked MP2 to not scrape anything from online data sources.
However, it does not import a single movie or tv show from the folders I have set it to scan. (the nfo files for movies work fine with moving pictures in MP1.)
I can find no setting in MP2 to indicate it is looking for Nfo files. and I have read the online wiki files as much as possible which doesn't really help.

can anyone elaborate on if this feature does/doesn't work. or if I am missing a step.

Thanks.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

The feature does work but AFIK your nfo files need to be named like the respective media file.

@Lehmden is the right person to confirm.

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    My nfo files are all named the same as the media files. eg :
    tvshows\iZombie\Season 1 - S01E01 - iZombie.S01E01.Pilot.mkv
    tvshows\iZombie\Season 1 - S01E01 - iZombie.S01E01.Pilot.nfo

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Happy New Year.
    Of Course this feature is working and it's working perfect, at least here. I even can "create" my own Series with manually created "tvshow.nfo" and episodes.nfo files.. If you have disabled all online sources in Server Settings then all that is visible in GUI is from local sources only...
    Important is the "tvshow.nfo" file in the series root folder. It has to be named "tvshow.nfo" (only this name is working, exactly as in Kodi) and it contains all series relevant metadata like TVDB-ID, TMDB-ID, series name, description,... This is how my series root folder is looking like in Explorer:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

And this is how it's looking like inside a season folder:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

And here is "iZombie" in GUI:
    Zwischenablage-4.jpg

Zwischenablage-5.jpg

This is the result without any online grabbing. I have 465 series with about 25.000 episodes and MP 2.1 has not had a single failure during import of locally stored metadata and fanart... Please do not wonder about the skin, it's my unfinished Cloudy Theme for 2.1, a work in progress and it's not jet available for public download...

About MP 2.0
    Mainly that I could never actually determine if MP2 was importing data from the Nfo files and local data
    It did, but:
    And the tv series import would just override the supplied nfos.
    that sadly was true. Local fanart was used, but also downloaded fanart. The .nfo and/or mkv- tags are only important for identification. But luckily those days are gone now.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And the same is true for Movies...
    Here is a movie folder in Explorer:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

and here's the result in GUI:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

The .nfo from moving pictures (movpicnfo) are 100% compatible with MP 2.x, same is for .nfo from MyVideos or Kodi...

You first should have a look in "videos". Here are all video file shown, that are not recognized as "Movie", "Series" or "Recording". If your files are shown there, the import has found your video files but could not identify them as movie/series.

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    @Lehmden Thanks for the screen shots. I worked out my issues were two fold. MP2 didnt like the folder structure I had, I had used MKV-Budy to scrape the media for the test of iZombie and it had put it in a structure of iZombie>Season1>Season1>iZombie.S01E01.mkv.
    Once I moved the content to the first Season 1 folder and deleted the empty second it scraped fine.
    The movies is a different issue. I use movpicnfo to create images and nfo files for all my movies. But moving pictures was set to import the images as %FileName%_cover and _backdrop. I didnt realise all the artwork had to be "folder" and "fanart" etc to work.
    Its a pain as I really dont want to have to rename over 2000 images to folder and fanart.
    Is there a way to edit the scraper script in MP2 to look for my _cover/_backdrop labels? or am I out of luck?

Also, by the way. I really love the look of that skin you are working on. It looks amazing. Im finding the default skin to be rather lacking visually. And I have yet to work out how to try the other skins available. (if any).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    import the images as %FileName%_cover and _backdrop.
    I know that %FileName%-poster and %FileName%-fanart is working but I use it only for videos not for movies. As Movies have their own folder I prefer the shorter form folder.jpg and fanart.jpg...
    Is there a way to edit the scraper script in MP2 to look for my _cover/_backdrop labels?
    If you can write in C#... It's no script it's "real" code...
    Its a pain as I really dont want to have to rename over 2000 images to folder and fanart.
    You may have a look at Total Commander. With this tool (a Norton Commander Clone for Windows, the most important program and the very first tool I install on every PC) you can do a recursive search (*.jpg) through your whole movies source and then do a mass rename. This will take only a few seconds (maximum a few minutes) to complete... Total Commander is shareware but the free version has no limitations in function or time. Only a requester at start is reminding you to register. Nevertheless I've registered this Tool about 15 Years ago and I never had to pay again but could use all newer version with my key. Even on my smartphone I can't live without (there is a free Android Version available too) You can use it unregistered as long as you like without any limitations.

Also, by the way. I really love the look of that skin you are working on. It looks amazing. Im finding the default skin to be rather lacking visually. And I have yet to work out how to try the other skins available. (if any).
    In MP2 we have skins and themes. Delivered together with MP 2.1 Pre there are 3 skins, Simple (mainly for technical testing not for daily usage), Blue Vision (the default skin) and WMC. And there are Themes for skins that can be a simple color (Grey) or font size (Default-large) variant up to a completely different look...
    Cloudy is a Blue Vision Theme (yes the same skin that rather is lacking visually) based on the "official" Windows 10 theme, that also is part of MP 2.1

Blue Vision with "Windows 10" theme:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Blue Vision with "Titanium Extended" theme:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

And WMC Skin:
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

All those skins/themes are part of MP 2.1 Pre Release. You can change skins or themes in Settings > Appearance > Skin

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    @Lehmden
    Again, thank you for your detailed replies. I have used total commander many times over the years for file copying. But never noticed the bulk rename feature.
    I will ceertainly give that a try.
    As for the skins, I did finally work out how to change them and I think at the moment my prefered one is the Windows 10 theme.
    on MP1 I have always stuck to StreamedMP as I found of all the ones I tried that was the most pleasing. Being in the UK it was nice that someone had made the clearart logos for the UK BBFC certifications. But thats just being picky on my part. :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The screenshots are from Win10 Theme for BlueVision with different icons and circle PercentagePlayer icon.
    It's already included in the MP2.1 installer.

Edit: Lehmden gave you already all details ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom