More help with .nfo Imports (1 Viewer)

smarty12345

Portal Pro
November 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Well, all the nfo stuff works now that I understand it a bit better. And I like the Windows 10 skin. But there are still too many things missing for me to swith to MP2..
I don't like the way all seasons of a show are just lumped into one long list, or that there is no displayed age rating in movies, or easily accessible movie data.
And even exiting a movie and going back to its a pain. In MP1 I could use "esc" to come out of what was playing and just press "x" to go back. Despite reading the wiki I could find no useful info on keyboard shortcuts beyond "shift+c" to get movie info. It seems that maybe MP2 is designed more with mapping of keys to remotes, but I use a keyboard for everything.
in MP1 I could remove unwanted menu items too, like images and music as I dont use those. I could find no way to do that in MP2. (the top menu bar I mean).

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    in MP1 I could remove unwanted menu items too, like images and music as I dont use those. I could find no way to do that in MP2. (the top menu bar I mean).
    You can modifiy or remove group buttons also in MP2. Check the wiki for BlueVision skin.
    WMC skin has an inbuilt menu editor.

Regarding navigation I have to agree partly. I really hope to change current behavior, especially when pressing esc in Fullscreen. Many user have mentioned same already. I'll see what I can do skinwise.

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    You can modifiy or remove group buttons also in MP2. Check the wiki for BlueVision skin.
    WMC skin has an inbuilt menu editor.

Regarding navigation I have to agree partly. I really hope to change current behavior, especially when pressing esc in Fullscreen. Many user have mentioned same already. I'll see what I can do skinwise.

yes, the navigation is something I don't think the wife would get on with at all. It doesn't feel too intuitve at the moment. It would be nice to see the basic media info at the bottom of the screen when an item is selected too... eg: 720p/1080p, stereo/5.1/7.1 and especially age rating.
    Plus a security lock. I have kids and so I intend to use the lock to hide older age group content once they are old enough to use the software on their own. I know I can do that in MP1, but don't see it mentioned for MP2.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    eg: 720p/1080p, stereo/5.1/7.1 and especially age rating.
    This is part of the details screens, in which you can find addtional information about aspect ratio, resolution, actors, directors, audio tracks, subtitle tracks, ... For me those don't belong all in the basic view, because they overload a screen and mostly you don't check them (E.g. Do you decide to watch a movie based on resolution?)
    Plus a security lock. I have kids and so I intend to use the lock to hide older age group content once they are old enough to use the software on their own. I know I can do that in MP1, but don't see it mentioned for MP2.
    Age rating logos will come! Also an user management is planned. Currently a temporal solution is added, but I really hope, that this is extended, because many people requested this already. A HTPC is a family machine in most cases and to make MP2 ready, there must be a way to protect kinds from rated content. @HTPCSourcer I think user managment should be a focus point in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom