More intelligent epg recording please - like series link (1 Viewer)

David Zakarias-Welch

Portal Member
December 8, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I've used MP for a while now but i have still yet to find a decent way of recording a series of shows.

For example: if i wanted to record eastenders just during the weekdays, i would have to set up 4 independant recording schedules. The bbc as we know if prone ot shifting things as they see fit as well so these things need a bit of fuzzy logic to them as well. i.e. Around 7:30pm.

If eastenders was suddenly axed, then the MP woudl still record what ever replaced it at these times.

What I would like is something more akin to the method used by Media Center from m$

This bases the schedule on things such as show name, days to record, unrecorded episodes, and channel( so not grabbing the bbc3 repeat)

If this exists then HOORAY but please please publicise it a bit more (or at all) cos this is the single more important thing when you are trying to setup and use a pvr.
Thanks
Hope somebody can help :)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @gibman
    Didn't you worked on something like this some time ago?
    I can't remember what the status was...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've used MP for a while now but i have still yet to find a decent way of recording a series of shows.
    Take a look @ the TvWishList plugin, that should do everything you like:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-server-plugin-tvwishlist.76506/

** EDIT **
    Maybe the Advanced Recording options are enough for you:
    Record every time on this channel: Records all programs on this channel where the title matches the selected item. Useful for recording a series that is on multiple days (e.g. it may be shown Monday, Wednesday and Friday).

David Zakarias-Welch

Portal Member
    December 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks, I gave that idea a go but seemed to just loose all my epg data. I disabled it and it came back though so i will investigate again when i get a bit more free time.
    Advanced recording is what i have been using so far and it needs an advanced advanced recording option really :) It doesnt do the job due to it's plain record the timeslot, regardless of what show is on, feature.[DOUBLEPOST=1386529583][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope I have fiddled round for a while now and I just don't get it. It seems the install and setup guide are missing some info in what steps to take to set up. I launch the plugin config and it tells me that i must setup the tv server config first and then test connection. I see no way of testing connection. *sadface*

Last edited:

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Take a look @ the TvWishList plugin, that should do everything you like:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-server-plugin-tvwishlist.76506/

** EDIT **
    Record every time on this channel: Records all programs on this channel where the title matches the selected item. Useful for recording a series that is on multiple days (e.g. it may be shown Monday, Wednesday and Friday).

I have the same issue. This option doesn't work because the show i'm trying to record is on twice a day. A solution would be a recording option:
    Record this show at this time
    This would only record the show if it airs. If the show is moved or doesn't air at that time nothing is recorded.

Ere Maijala

Portal Member
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I have a similar issue as David, and Record every time on this channel doesn't quite cut it as they rerun the daily eposides during the weekend so I end up with a lot of extra recordings. For this case I would need a "Record every time on this channel on weekdays", but in many cases it would be useful to be able to choose the days of week. Even better if you could have an additional time window during which the show must be aired as they send reruns also in the morning.

--Ere

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom