Moved Basic Home menu (1 Viewer)

JuanC2

Portal Member
February 19, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Well after editing items, and adding submenus in basic Home editor several times, my basic home (vertical) menu appeared moved left. I set the X position of the menu to a lower value in the editor, and now the submenu indicator and the submenu items themselves appear duplicated.

I supose the BasicHome.xml is "corrupted", but it's difficult to me to see if there's something wrong in it.

What can I do? Can I reset the Home menu to a default value and start to edit it again?

Thanks in advance :)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Well after editing items, and adding submenus in basic Home editor several times, my basic home (vertical) menu appeared moved left. I set the X position of the menu to a lower value in the editor, and now the submenu indicator and the submenu items themselves appear duplicated.

I supose the BasicHome.xml is "corrupted", but it's difficult to me to see if there's something wrong in it.

What can I do? Can I reset the Home menu to a default value and start to edit it again?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

You can't reset as such but you restore a previous configuration, this is a manual process as I have not got round to adding the restore option to the editor.

Call up MediaPortal Configuration and select User Files (see screenshot), this will open a folder and in here us the main menu configuration files usermenuprofile.xml and a number of usermenuprofile backup files in the format usermenuprofile.xml.backup.634670860128570166 - delete the current usermenuprofile.xml and rename one of the backup files to usermenuprofile.xml and restart the editor.

Hope that helps

Attachments

• Usewr Files.png
    Usewr Files.png
    103.3 KB

JuanC2

Portal Member
February 19, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Thank you Trevor for your answer.

I didn't find the backup files, only the usermenuprofile.xml

Anyway I deleted the usermenuprofile.xml (after making a copy of it) and restarted the editor. That solved the problem.

Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom