[solved] Movie artwork download stopped working (1 Viewer)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
MP2 Version
As first reported in this thread: No artwork for "The Shape Of Water"

Artwork for ripped DVDs has failed for 3 out of 4 of my last attempts. The movie is recognised as the correct text description is downloaded, but no DVD cover art, or backdrop. I have all sources switched on and all artwork elements switched on. I have tried re-importing, I have tried moving the source files, deleting from the database, and re-importing - no difference.

NB: I was on version 2.21 when this started happening but I upgraded to 2.23 today and it is still the same.

Affected movies:

The Shape of Water (2019)
Tolkien (2019)
Repo Man (1984)

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Rip a DVD to a folder named TITLE (YEAR) IMDBid
2) Wait for it to appear as a blank thumbnail in the movies list
3) Re-import using auto ID
4) No artwork will appear.

Attachments

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    No bug, but problems on your system. Are you using any additional software, virus scanner, VPN, etc?

[2020-02-29 15:49:47,760] [164988 ] [79 ] [DEBUG] - TheMovieDbWrapper: Exception while processing movie Tolkien (2019)
    System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
    [2020-02-29 15:49:47,835] [165063 ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - SimApiWrapper: Exception while processing movie Tolkien (2019)
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (521) Origin Down.
    I successfully loaded Repo Man on my system (however with a development version 2.3):
    Repo Man.jpg

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Country flag
    No bug, but problems on your system. Are you using any additional software, virus scanner, VPN, etc?
    To my knowledge there's nothing different about my system between when it was working and now.

Virus scanner: Yes. MS Security essentials, same as it was before I even started using MP2
    VPN: I have one installed but not active when I was importing these movies into the database

Plus the film that I ripped between "The Shape of Water" and "Tolkien" imported perfectly, first go, and the text descriptions download fine.

What does "Origin down" refer to in the error log? My end or the remote end?

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Virus scanner: Yes. MS Security essentials, same as it was before I even started using MP2
    VPN: I have one installed but not active when I was importing these movies into the database
    Switch it off and try again please

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Country flag
    Yes! Fixed - many thanks.

This may explain why 1 out of 4 movies imported properly. I think my VPN supports TLS and it may have been active when I was importing that particular movie.

So just for closure, what actually changed to require TLS 1.2 and when? As I said, this was working fine until fairly recently.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    So just for closure, what actually changed to require TLS 1.2 and when?
    TheTvDb recently upgraded their website. Parallel to changing the API they also updated their communication protocol by removing the compromised protocols.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Yes, agree. We had the same issue in Media-Buddy (Fanart.tv, TVDB, TMDB) and EPG-Buddy (tvguide, epgData). All mentioned services have changed the last weeks and their services are requiring TLS 1.2 to work. It is a must to upgrade everything (OS, Software) to use TLS 1.2 asap. Media-Buddy and EPG-Buddy are fully upgraded to TLS 1.2 in meantime, so no further issues here to expect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    DHosein 1.25 Upgrade and movie covers/backdrops General Support 9
    doskabouter [Help Me!] Playback of iTunes Movie Trailers Developer Discussions 0
    G Movie release date in guide Electronic Program Guide 2
    J [fixed] Import issue with alternate movie title matching the name of another movie Submit: Bug Reports 7
    tano_grasa Movie cover not showing when starting a movie aMPed 0
    R [further infos missing] some movies freezing evry seconds Submit: Bug Reports 9
    J [fixed] Importer confused on specific movies with the same title, different years and different NFO's Submit: Bug Reports 3
    B How to Search MP2 for Movies only in 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna General 3
    A MP2.2.2, understanding movies/videos/tv and WTV recordings. General 16
    N [solved] Movies starten nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 16
    J How to save recorded Movies and TV Series to sub-folders? Newcomers Forum 1
    S Movie navigation issues in MP2 General 8
    D media portal 2.2 have movies shown on genre not name General 6
    D Ripped movies not importing unless IMDB code is included in folder name General 4
    M 4k movies General 2
    D [solved] Active Movie window General 2
    fredco [solved] Large import not working Moving Pictures 15
    M [solved] MP2 Not discovering all movies Newcomers Forum 2
    M 4k usergroup rule for them movies only watch/edit Videos 1
    S [solved] Movie SRT subtitle didn't display on client 2.2 Archive 18
    S [solved] Some movie didn't appear General 21
    F [Solved] Movies View with Thumbnail Layou General Support 4
    Terra Crash when searching movies, reproducable Moving Pictures 2
    cbr954rr Movie sets in films General 20