[solved] Movie artwork download stopped working (1 Viewer)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
MP2 Version
As first reported in this thread: No artwork for "The Shape Of Water"

Artwork for ripped DVDs has failed for 3 out of 4 of my last attempts. The movie is recognised as the correct text description is downloaded, but no DVD cover art, or backdrop. I have all sources switched on and all artwork elements switched on. I have tried re-importing, I have tried moving the source files, deleting from the database, and re-importing - no difference.

NB: I was on version 2.21 when this started happening but I upgraded to 2.23 today and it is still the same.

Affected movies:

The Shape of Water (2019)
Tolkien (2019)
Repo Man (1984)

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Rip a DVD to a folder named TITLE (YEAR) IMDBid
2) Wait for it to appear as a blank thumbnail in the movies list
3) Re-import using auto ID
4) No artwork will appear.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-02-29-16.01.31.zip
    3.5 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No bug, but problems on your system. Are you using any additional software, virus scanner, VPN, etc?

[2020-02-29 15:49:47,760] [164988 ] [79 ] [DEBUG] - TheMovieDbWrapper: Exception while processing movie Tolkien (2019)
    System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
    [2020-02-29 15:49:47,835] [165063 ] [35 ] [DEBUG] - SimApiWrapper: Exception while processing movie Tolkien (2019)
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (521) Origin Down.

I successfully loaded Repo Man on my system (however with a development version 2.3):
    Repo Man.jpg

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    No bug, but problems on your system. Are you using any additional software, virus scanner, VPN, etc?

To my knowledge there's nothing different about my system between when it was working and now.

Virus scanner: Yes. MS Security essentials, same as it was before I even started using MP2
    VPN: I have one installed but not active when I was importing these movies into the database

Plus the film that I ripped between "The Shape of Water" and "Tolkien" imported perfectly, first go, and the text descriptions download fine.

What does "Origin down" refer to in the error log? My end or the remote end?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Virus scanner: Yes. MS Security essentials, same as it was before I even started using MP2
    VPN: I have one installed but not active when I was importing these movies into the database
    Switch it off and try again please

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Disabled MS Security essentials - no difference.
    Turned off Windows Firewall - no difference.

More logs attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-02-29-19.34.21.zip
      3.2 MB

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Yes! Fixed - many thanks.

This may explain why 1 out of 4 movies imported properly. I think my VPN supports TLS and it may have been active when I was importing that particular movie.

So just for closure, what actually changed to require TLS 1.2 and when? As I said, this was working fine until fairly recently.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So just for closure, what actually changed to require TLS 1.2 and when?
    TheTvDb recently upgraded their website. Parallel to changing the API they also updated their communication protocol by removing the compromised protocols.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, agree. We had the same issue in Media-Buddy (Fanart.tv, TVDB, TMDB) and EPG-Buddy (tvguide, epgData). All mentioned services have changed the last weeks and their services are requiring TLS 1.2 to work. It is a must to upgrade everything (OS, Software) to use TLS 1.2 asap. Media-Buddy and EPG-Buddy are fully upgraded to TLS 1.2 in meantime, so no further issues here to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom