norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
========================
Movie Cover Collector
========================

What is it:
Movie Cover Collector is a movie folder scraper, written in VC++
the idea is to make movie folder browsing look better in MediaPortal.
(xbmc will show the same cover files)

The program downloads movie covers from imdb, and put the folder.jpg file.

it will scan trough multipple folders configured in the ini file.
network drives will work.

Using the nfo imdb link to download the correct cover.
If not a nfo file is found it will do an [OPTIONAL] search for the cover using folder name and download it.

The cover will be put in the movie folder, and the movie folder [date] will NOT be alterd.

The gui can optional log output to a logfile.(for debugging).

Covers can be viewed by clicking on them in the log lister.
A selected cover can be deleted, with out corrupting the folder date.
and then rescanned, for cover update.

The scarper can safely be run multipple times over a folder structur, it will not touch
the folder if a folder.jpg file is found.

Now a manual cover can be downloaded select a folder, past a url containing a jpg file. follow the gui.
A search has also been added to find folders...

As of 1.0 a /auto switch has been added, to do a silent cover scan.
Schedule it on your servers :)

As of 1.1+ a ISO scanner has been added, it will scan folders containing a collection of ISO files.
and create a file with the same name as the iso(multipple extentions) file(jpg extension) so MediaPortal
shows cover for the ISO.

As of 1.2.0 + MoviePosterDB Api har been implemented, there is a new option in the ini file.
if selected posters will be downloaded first from mpDB and then from imdb if it fails, if unselected.
it will try imdb first then mpDB to find covers/poster.

please feel free to drop me a line on MP forum, with suggestion on improvements, or tell me if you find a bug :)

Requirements:
MS .NET 2.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package

Regards
Senilix

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/HTPCcustomization/MovieCoverCollector/

carukc

Portal Member
May 6, 2007
Images for .iso files suggestion

Hello,

First let me thank you for the utility. It works very well!

I have a suggestion for you. In my case most of my files are ISOs. There is a wierdness in MediaPortal that occurs when you browse the built in media library (or file shares) that contains ISO files. MediaPortal will not show cover images for ISOs. If you place a cover image file (with the same name as the ISO) along side the ISO then MediaPortal will show that cover image.

Would it be difficult to add an option that saves the DVD cover to same directory as a source ISO file with the same name as the ISO file?

Thanks
Chris

senilix

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
hmm that should not be so hard..... but now it uses the folder to detect the movie tittle. do you have multipple iso files in a folder?
or is it in seperate folders uncompressed for each .ISO file... it also uses the .nfo file to get the imdb link if it exist.

carukc

Portal Member
May 6, 2007
Yes, I have many .ISO files in a given directory. MediaPortal opens them using DaemonTools and then plays them using either the internal or an external player. So all are saved and used as plain .ISO files. I do not store as decompressed directories.

senilix

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
So you have deleted the .nfo files... and we have only the iso file name to go on.....
Can you give me a few examples of these iso file names you have in you folder?

carukc

Portal Member
May 6, 2007
No, I have not deleted the nfo files. Mostly the .ISOs are from my own DVDs. I use DVDShrink to re-author to remove the menues and then store as .ISO files. This way I can easily burn to a DVD if I need.

The attached all.txt file shows the contents of one of my film directories. This directory contains a mix of files, and directories (.mkv, .img, .iso, .avi, etc). Note that many of the .ISO files have .JPGs with them already. I have done this manually.

Attachments

• all.txt
    30.6 KB

senilix

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
Okay, tell you what i will try to make it work...
i'm thinking a separetad config section for iso collections.

it will have to try to search for the movie to detect it.... but it should not be that hard :)
i see you have .mkv + .img in the folder to..... and uncompressed avi..... urk, well let's not get into that discussion....

And btw i have to give you creds for that sifi collection! hehe :)

carukc

Portal Member
May 6, 2007
Thanks for trying... I am sure that there are more people who have this problem who would also benifit by this feature.

Thanks also for kind words on collection. I've always loved SciFi and have lots of TV too plus many more MKVs but due to thier size I keep them elsewhere. For the last couple years I've been buying BlueRays rather than DVDs so the newest stuff is all HD ;)

senilix

Portal Member
October 18, 2008
norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
I have completed a beta release...... please try it out and report.
i have tested it out on your example files with good luck....

Attachments

• CoverCollector 1.1.0Beta.rar
    30.7 KB

carukc

Portal Member
May 6, 2007
Hello,

Wow that was fast :) I have tried it in the SciFi directory and it looks like it worked perfectly! I am going to have it do the whole collection and wuill let you know how it goes tomorrow.

In exceptional cases DVD images also have .img file names (these may be nero images). In fact according to wikipedia daemon supports these file types:

b5t (BlindWrite 5)
b6t (BlindWrite 6)
bwt (BlindRead)
ccd (CloneCD)
cdi (DiscJuggler)
cue (Cue Sheet)
iso (Standard ISO)
mds (Media Descriptor File)
nrg (Nero)
pdi (Instant CD/DVD)
isz (Compressed ISO)

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a config option for the file extensions that will be looked up in 'iso' mode?

This really looks great. Thanks a million!
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom