Movie datas problem (1 Viewer)

JamesSunderland

Portal Pro
May 25, 2012
Home Country
France France
Hi all,

I think I've got a problem with StreamMP skin.
Since MP 1.4, I can't display directly datas about my movies.
So I changed my default skin thinking this bug will be fixed...

Tonight, I update MP to 1.6 version with the lastest StreamMP (2.2.0.3420) hoping everything's okay now and here's what happened :

- When I navigate in my videos folders, the movies posters and icons (720p, dolby digital, subtitles, etc...) appear BUT not the other datas (plot, genre, producer, year...)

- When I right-click on a movie to display all the datas about it (FRDB), everything appear normally.

This is very annoying, I'd like everything appear directly like before, without I have to perform any additionnal action...

Could anyone help me?

Given that :
- I thought MP need time to display my movies database (6Mo) but no matter how long I wait, nothing displays.
- My problem don't come from my database because everything's fine when I ask MP to display datas for a movie (FRDB).
- It's linked to StreamMP because I haven't got this problem with another skin (Titan for example)

Is there an option I haven't seen?
A checkbox or else?

Thanks for help.

JamesSunderland

Portal Pro
May 25, 2012
Home Country
France France
I took some photos to help you to see what I mean...

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    1.9 MB
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    1.5 MB
  • step3.jpg
    step3.jpg
    1.9 MB

JamesSunderland

Portal Pro
May 25, 2012
Home Country
France France
Okay, I've got something new!
It seems that my problem come from the update of my movies datas in StreamMP.

When MP opens, I've got the bug I told you before.
BUT, when I select another display mode (for example by actor or by year) and I go back to folder mode, all my movies datas appear normally in all my folders.

There should be a read or display problem for movies datas somewhere in StreamMP initialisation.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Okay, I've got something new!
    It seems that my problem come from the update of my movies datas in StreamMP.

When MP opens, I've got the bug I told you before.
    BUT, when I select another display mode (for example by actor or by year) and I go back to folder mode, all my movies datas appear normally in all my folders.

There should be a read or display problem for movies datas somewhere in StreamMP initialisation.

Make sure you are viewing your movies by title and not shares (in the 'view by' menu)

Shares is the 1st selection at the top of the list and i believe it uses only the folder structure, basically navigating to the folder similar to how windows does. This will not access your Mediaportal database where all your movie data is stored.

I've not got the problem myself, only time the info doesn't appear is when in shares view but then I don't have the option to bring up the IMDB/FRDB data . that option is only available in other views

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there no way to get this fixed in StreamedMP somehow?
    Sounds like we would just need to read the DB when browsing by folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom