Movie Doesn't Play Right (1 Viewer)

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using MP 1.0 on Vista Ultimate:

I ripped Ice Age to a mpg file, and MP doesn't play it correctly - after a few minutes of viewing, it jumps way ahead to about 1/2 way through, plays for a second or two, and jumps way ahead again. It does this a couple more times until the movie is at the end. I've tried re-ripping it, and it still does it. Windows Media Player plays it correctly.

Other movies haven't exhibited this problem (yet). I'm going to upgrade to MP 1.01 tonight, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen this behavior...

Matty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey jsimmons,

I hope you haven't gone to 1.01 just yet. I'm there and am re-installing version 1.0 tonight.
    Did you try other codecs for playing your rip?

Matt

jsimmons

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah - I went to 1.01. I'm gonna stay with that though since it'll be a couple more weeks before I'm ready to put the box in the tv stand. maybe 1.02 will come out before then.

I haven't tried any other codecs yet. WMP plays the video but sometimes without audio. I was considering installing SAF and seeing if it fixes the problem.

jsimmons

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Well, I decided to re-rip all my movies into ISO files. The MPG stuff simply wasn't working very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom