Movie sets in films (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Further one remark, is there a new filter for the movies possible and to combine two filters (title/collection)?

I like to have one view for movies and collections. Movies should shown as single movie and a collection should be summarized as one "icon". When I actually set a filter to collection I do not see all other "single" videos :(

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you actually reading what I write? The answer to your question has already been given in posting #2.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you actually reading what I write? The answer to your question has already been given in posting #2.

Yes, I read your post, but thats not what I mean :( I mean one view for movies and collections.

Single movies should be shown as single tile, collections should be summarised as one tile and that in one view. So you can see all films and collections and the listing would be smaller. Do you know what I mean?

I mean a "cover"-view like (see screenshot):

Single Movie, Collection, Single Movie, Single Movie, Collection...

Attachments

• Screenshot (26).png
      Screenshot (26).png
      3.1 MB
    Last edited:

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

HTPCSourcer described exactly that in his post before (see #2). This is planned for a coming release. In case you can not follow the link to the Jira entry in his post here is the description:

Combine display of single movie and collection entries in the same view

Currently you can either display all movie entries as single elements (which include collection membersI) or filter for Collections only. It would be more meaningful to have both mixed, i.e. display collections members as collections only in parallel to the other single entries.

I think this would match perfectly what you would like to have.

Cheers

Blue Max

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

HTPCSourcer described exactly that in his post before (see #2). This is planned for a coming release. In case you can not follow the link to the Jira entry in his post here is the description:

I think this would match perfectly what you would like to have.

Cheers

Blue Max

Ah okay, thanks ;) then there was now only the problem, why collection pics where not shown. See the attached folder and the listing in mp. I do a re-import, delete the movie-folder in mp and add it new, but nothing helps. Mp always import the poster of the first movie as collection pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot (27).png
      Screenshot (27).png
      757.3 KB
    • Screenshot (29).png
      Screenshot (29).png
      2.3 MB
    Last edited:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, it shows the poster.jpg of the first movie of a collection, but not the file named movieset-poster.
    For me it works if I have a folder structure for Underworld like shown in the first post. So, I guess our settings are different. What settings do you have in Settings->Media library->Movie import settings->Cache FanArt for offline browsing?

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me it works if I have a folder structure for Underworld like shown in the first post. So, I guess our settings are different. What settings do you have in Settings->Media library->Movie import settings->Cache FanArt for offline browsing?

The same settings, I have all movies in a seperate folder, I use no online import and the poster for a collection is always the poster of the first movie.

Settings->Media library->Movie import settings->Cache FanArt for offline browsing these is set to "cache on network folder" because all the files are on my media server. If I change it to local share it does not have any effect. The poster of a collection is in both settings the poster of the first movie, not the collection poster.

See attached folder structure, used for a collection is always the poster.jpg and not the right movieset-poster.jpg. I wish to see the movieset-poster.jpg for collections and the poster.jpg for seperate movies.

In my opinion it is a import problem with the db.

Attachments

• Screenshot (30).png
      Screenshot (30).png
      427.2 KB
    Last edited:

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    In my opinion it is a import problem with the db.
    It's not stored in the db. Check the FanArt folder in the ProgramData->Team MediaPortal->MP2-Server folder. Search for a collection by its name. Check the content of the folders that match your search. One of them should contain your collection images. This is how my collection folder looks:
    upload_2019-5-15_23-34-35.png

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But why does a re-import not change that files in ProgramData and import the correct files?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    But why does a re-import not change that files in ProgramData and import the correct files?
    A re-import does not change FanArt if not necessary according to your settings for FanArt.
    What does your FanArt cache folder for the collection contain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom