Movie sets in films

Discussion in 'General' started by cbr954rr, April 25, 2019.

1. cbr954rr

cbr954rr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Is there a possibillity to group movies collections? In my case I have a lot of movies and some movie collections like terminator 1-5 (they are located in one folder). It will be good, that all movie collections will shown as one file and on click you get the different episodes, but Mp shows all files in the films main view as different files. That is not funny for movie collections with different titles like "The fast and the Furious (1)" and the second part which is names as "Fast and Furious". Further I had to scroll a little more if all collections shown as seperate files. See screenshot, I wish to have one entry like Underworld in that case and if I click on Underworld I wish to have all Underworld episodes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: April 25, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,374 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    You can currently display everything as single files - or switch the view to display 'Collections' instead (--> Filter|Collection or 'Filmreihe' in German)

MP2-780 refers to having a combined view of collections and non-collection movies.

4. cbr954rr

cbr954rr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

Okay ;) sorry I do not found that ;) but that do not show the right pic of the Collection (the file is named "movieset-poster.jpg")

Attached Files:

5. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,374 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Collection posters are downloaded automatically from the online source. I don't know if it is possible to force a specific image manually. YOu can do this for individual movie posters, but not necessarily for the parent collection. But even if, it is certainly not to be called "movieset-poster". See Wiki for the file name conventions.

6. cbr954rr

cbr954rr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Yes, it shows the poster.jpg of the first movie of a collection, but not the file named movieset-poster. It will be nice to have different pics for movies and collections. I have downloaded all pics with tmm and the collection pics are named "movieset-poster.jpg". Is there a possibillity to change that behaviour that the correct Collection pics will be shown?

7. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,374 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I don't know.

@henso, what is the behavior that you implemented for colelctions posters? How is the system behaving when importing nfo only?

8. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,281 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    It should work according to the MovieMetaDataExtractor, but better is to have Henso's statement.
    MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2

9. BlueMax1916
    • Super User

BlueMax1916 Super User

Ratings:
    +121 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I have set the MP2 importer to strict offline scraping and this is what I get for Terminator Movie Collection:

20190425-232424.png

20190425-232444.png

The grouping is working and the movie collection media files are displayed properly. The respective files are named movieset-fanart.jpg and movieset-poster.jpg and are available in each movie folder (I have all my movies separated in their own movie folder). The movie collection images have been downloaded by Lehmden's MKV-Buddy / Media-Buddy. So if the importer respects my settings the naming of the movie collection media files is o.k.

The only thing what is stil not working is when you switch from All Movies with 'title' sorting to Movie Collections you need to manually sort for 'sorttitle' and vice versa.

Cheers

Blue Max

Last edited: April 26, 2019
  10. henso
    • Team MediaPortal

henso Development Group

Ratings:
    +672 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Basically what is described is supported but there are some rules for which poster is used:
    1. Get the collection poster from the fanart cache
    2. Get the poster from a movie in the collection from the fanart cache
    3. Get the collection poster from a collection poster in the movie folder
    4. Get the collection poster from a poster in the collection folder
    The fanart cache has priority to avoid spin up of the NAS hard drive while browsing.
    So, from your description, it sounds like there is no collection poster in the cache but there is a movie poster in the cache. This means the collection poster was not added to the cache for some reason even though it should be from what I can see. I will have to test with your exact folder structure to check why.

11. cbr954rr

cbr954rr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    In my case I have also all files in different folders and all have a movieset-fanart and a movieset-poster, but these pics where not displayed. Mp use always the poster of the first movie in the collection.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!