[solved] Movie SRT subtitle didn't display on client (1 Viewer)

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.1

Description
I have no problem with external SRT file or inside MKV on the server but on the client it didn't display and didn't show up to allow me to select at all. No problem play by media player classic

No problem with pgs subtitle.

Steps to Reproduce:
If the movie with only external SRT file and use keyboard to select subtitle during movie playing it came up blank on the subtitle list.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If the movie with only external SRT file and use keyboard to select subtitle during movie playing it came up blank on the subtitle list.
    I'm using only external subtitles since years in all formats and they were always recognized.
    Your steps to reproduce are not containing enough information. Please provide one example, how exactly movie and subtitle file are named and where you store the subtitle (same folder as movie?). Please also take a look into the WIKI, that describes very well the correct naming.

How can you play files on server? Do you mean, that you can play files correctly with subtitles on the client located on the same machine as the server, but not on separate clients connected?

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    I'm using only external subtitles since years in all formats and they were always recognized.
    Your steps to reproduce are not containing enough information. Please provide one example, how exactly movie and subtitle file are named and where you store the subtitle (same folder as movie?). Please also take a look into the WIKI, that describes very well the correct naming.

How can you play files on server? Do you mean, that you can play files correctly with subtitles on the client located on the same machine as the server, but not on separate clients connected?

Me too with MP1, both movie and SRT in the same subfolder of that movie and they are the same name as the movie. Those with SRT embedded inside the MKV have the same problem.

Yes play OK with the client on the server but not on separate clients connected.

Just tried it with another separate client on a PC the same happened, please see attached.

Attachments

• Movie Subtitle separate client.jpg
      Movie Subtitle separate client.jpg
      163 KB
    • Movie Subtitle server client.jpg
      Movie Subtitle server client.jpg
      105.8 KB
    Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you also show a successful replay of your client/server to compare please?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The difference appears to be how the client addresses the video file:

Remote client:
    VideoPlayer: Initializing for file system media item 'bed3f8bf-1ac6-49c3-8d16-76d18b0994b0:{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///D:/Movies/127 Hours/127 Hours.mkv'

Local client:
    VideoPlayer: Initializing for file system media item '/D:/Movies/127 Hours/127 Hours.mkv'

On the local client file access is not happening via the share but the connection is directly to the local storage place. Normally your movie folder D:/Movies should be shared and have a network name such as \\Movies through which the file access is taking place and for which you have set up credentials for MP2 to be allowed the access.

superforever

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2009
    After I added D:\Movies on the server, it automatically appear on the client and I didn't set anything on the client.

Not very sure why, let me check the server settings.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After I added D:\Movies on the server, it automatically appear on the client and I didn't set anything on the client.
    This means that you've added it as a local source - not a network share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom