[solved] Movie title context menu (2 Viewers)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
I installed MP 1.8, aMPed and MyFilms on a new machine. I use Spanish as MP language and there has always been a small translation issue in the context menu for movie titles: the option "Play random movie" is still in English. I'm obsessive enough to want it in Spanish like the other ones and I remember in the previous install (6 years ago or so) I was able to find the right xml file and the right spot in it to translate that option myself. I guess I'm getting older, because I can't find that xml file any more. Any hint would be much appreciated.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    there has always been a small translation issue in the context menu for movie titles: the option "Play random movie" is still in English.
    Translateable language strings are found in the "Language" folder in the "MediaPortal" folder. There is a different language file for each of the supported languages. However, I just scanned the one for English, and the string "Play random movie" does not occur there, or in the Spanish language file.

As it happens, I have the source files for the Amped skin on my system, and scanning those reveals that the file "mvCentral.xml" has this line:

<label>#mvCentral.Translation.PlayAllRandom.Label</label>​

So it looks as though that string is specific to the Movies plugin, and is therefore defined in one of the definition files for the Movies plugin. I don't have those on my system, so I cannot tell you where to look. If you cannot find where that skin variable is defined, you can change the <label> tag in "mvCentral.xml" so that it specifies the string that you want in Spanish (i.e. don't use the skin variable).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    The string I was looking for is located in ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\MyFilms\strings_es
    Thank you CyberSimian for the hint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom