Movie watched progress in videos/movies (1 Viewer)

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    It would be very welcome to see (as it is done in the Plex - you can see on the Deck on movie thumbnail the progress of watched time of it) movie watched time progress.

Very useful scenario for me is that I can not or have no time to watch full movie per once and I usually leave it for next. But after day or two I do not remember which movie was started and it could be wonderful to have such view of movie watching progress.

May be this could be done through Moving Pictures already, but I can not see the watching progress in easy way.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is already possible with My Videos plugin.

I'll move your thread to the appropriate forum, which is moving pictures, not MePo2 :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    A skinner could take advantage of the resumetime property and with some skin expressions it should be possible to come up with a percentage watched similar to My Videos.

However, from reading the above description it sounds like you just want to have a category you can enter which shows you the movies that you have started but not yet finished, this is currently possible. If you create a category with resume time > 0 it should give you exactly what you want.

Last edited:

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    OK. I understand that it is possible with categories. But it is static ant can not show all fine view of what is watch and compare visually by how much and so on.
    Have you anyone seen how it is done in Plex? They do have so called Deck, where all recent movies are shown and in that desktop overview you can find movies' coverart with watched progress on the bottom if such is possible.

Of course it can be done by categories, just this small (possibly skin-related way of feature solution) could be more flexible and does not require additional clicks to go in some playlist-category.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes as I said a skinner has the power to do this if they choose. I can point them in the right direction if need be, it shouldnt be too hard to get a skin property as a percentage...skinner can then display as they choose e.g. a overlay on a poster.

Also the category is not static it will remove a movie if it becomes watched as the resumetime will be reset to 0.

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is the skin property for the resume time? Is it #watchedpercent in MovPics, too?
    Then the skin expressions would be the same as in MyVideos :p

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Skin Debug Mode in advanced setting is your friend, it publishes all properties to log when you select a movie ;)

The key skin properties needed for this are:
    Code:
    #MovingPictures.UserMovieSettings.resume_time [No. of seconds into the movie]
    #MovingPictures.LocalMedia.duration [No. of milliseconds]

So to get the percentage watched, do something like this:
    Code:
    #(cint(div(mul(cflt(#MovingPictures.UserMovieSettings.resume_time),100000),cflt(#MovingPictures.LocalMedia.duration))))%

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom