movie wont show in "media importer" or in movie manager (1 Viewer)

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
London
is there any way i can force a movie to be added or even scanned? i have a movie in one of my watched folders that wont appear in the importer or in the list of imported movies.

i can play the file fine using media player classic so its not a permissions issue but it wont show up in the moving pictures config :(

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What is the file extension? Maybe you need to add it to MediaPortal's list of valid video file formats.

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: movie wont show in "media importer" or in movie manager

might not be your problem, but i had a similar problem a few days ago :

All my movies are renamed by their imdb name and i always add an nfo file with the tt-number and that had worked for all my movies.
A few days ago i put a new movie in the import path while watching a movie (always worked, autoapprove on imdb...) but after the movie the new movie ("Das Fest") was not in Moving Pictures film list.
i restarted mp to see what was the problem and finally renamed the movie to get the importer to do some work, but nothing happened. Because of that i looked into the logs and saw that the importer had noticed that the file was renamed, but i didn't see the assigned (moving pictures) title.
So i deleted the movie (aka copied it to a different folder) and moving pictures told me that it had deleted the movie ("Das Festmahl im August"). It now had deleted both references to that movie (aka the real video files and my copied files) and a few seconds later the importer saw the "old" files again an reimported it correctly again.
After that i copied the files from "Das Fest" back into the import folder and now the movie was detected correctly.

Of course i checked both titles and nfo-files and they were both correct. Maybe something similar has happend to you ?
Try to copy the folder to a diffrent place, run the importer again, then copy it back into an import folder and start the importer. Maybe it help, maybe it doesn't ...

Greetings

Joe

Florp

Portal Member
December 19, 2005
I have a similar problem where movies aren't showing up; in my case, it's because MP is being overly-aggressive with its merging of multiple files. See my separate post titled "Overly aggressive file merging by Importer", you may be running into the same thing.

XAA

Portal Member
December 18, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I met not the same but little similar problem.

I keep my movies on My Book World Edition II which connected to PC directly via Ethernet.
Some folders have names like these: //mybook/movies
Another connected to importer used drivers from WD and have names as folder on virtual drive: Z:/movie.

At the moment when I added new folder to importer everythink worked fine: I was able to see all movies inside all folders to add to the database.

Yesterday I added some new movies to my collection and run importer again to make database fresh. After this I was surprised: impoter found all new movies which I put to the folders like this //mybook/movies but found nothing in the folders on virtual drives (Z:/movie).
For the moment I have no ideas what can I do to solve the problem.

scorpie

Portal Pro
November 5, 2009
Nürnberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
seems i have the same problem
#i have all my movies in one folder and all are shown in mopic except spiderman 2

spiderman 1.avi is shown
spiderman 2-1.avi not

i renamed it to something completely different e.g test. avi but it is also not shown in the movie importer *snif*

scorpie

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    seems i have the same problem
    #i have all my movies in one folder and all are shown in mopic except spiderman 2

spiderman 1.avi is shown
    spiderman 2-1.avi not

i renamed it to something completely different e.g test. avi but it is also not shown in the movie importer *snif*

scorpie

It probably already got added into your database, due to the multipart bug that was fixed. So check your spiderman 1 entry and switch to file view (not movie view). Then sent back to be re-imported, so you can fix it.

Since the hash on the movie is the same, a rename will not work (except to update the 2nd part filename in database)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom