movies details missing (1 Viewer)

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
encelade,

start up MP and scroll through a few of your movies. Post your debug logs.

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
encelade,

Is the summary the only thing missing? In the log file, it is blank. Most other items are filled. I am talking about movie: "Davaro". If you could, please hop in the IRC, it would make troubleshooting a lot quicker.

IRC Channel - Moving Pictures

encelade

Portal Member
April 13, 2010
LRFalk01,

no, there is not any info about any movie. no summery, no actors, no director.. only movie's title and cover. i have not IRC, sorry..:oops:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Your problem is most likely linked to you changing skins, but not deleting the skin 'cache' folder contents.

Another possability is that you are using a skin designed for a different version of the MovingPictures plugin you use. So using a v1.0 skin on a v0.7.5 version of MovingPictures or using a v0.7.5 skin on a v1.x version of MovingPictures plugin can also cause this problem.

But lets try killing the skin cache first.

Start button -> All Programs -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> User Files -> open the 'Cache' folder, and then purge all that is in there, which is for example folder "Blue3wide" and file "curWeather.xml".

Then restart MediaPortal, and allow time for the cache files to be rebuild.

If that fails, I suggest you just update to MovingPictures v1.0.4 RC (which should fix the skin problem, but don't forget to empty the cache folder as mentioned above), and don't let the RC part scare you. It is at such a stable level that it might as well be released as stable (and pretty soon will be). Also when the actual stable version comes out, it will accept the RC version for upgrade, so you do not loose anything, but only gain. A lot of fixes have been applied, so running v0.7.5 still works, but is not the best thing to do.

encelade

Portal Member
    April 13, 2010
    RoChess,

I installed MP RC2 + moving pictures 1.0.4 rc and purged the cache file. i tried MP RC1+movingpic 1.0.4 too but movie details still missing :(

Thank you very much for your time LRFalk01 and RoChess.. :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    My bad, LFalk pointed out you already posted the log files. And I noticed something weird.

It seems that MovingPictures freaks out over your usage of Ý in the import path.

Because I see that internal properties get messed up, which is why nothing shows (as they no longer match up).

Now I'll talk to developers to get this fixed, but in the meantime you should be able to fix it easy by renaming your "F:\YERLÝ KLASÝKLER" folder into "F:\YERLY KLASYKLER" and adjust the import path setting in MovingPictures accordingly. However this is tricky because you don't want MovPic to delete all your existing movies, so what you should do is create a new empty folder "F:\YERLY KLASYKLER", add this as new import path into MovPic, then move the entire contents of "F:\YERLÝ KLASÝKLER" over into "F:\YERLY KLASYKLER" and wait a few seconds. MovingPictures will then update all references automatic. Then you can remove the "F:\YERLÝ KLASÝKLER" import path and finally delete the empty folder that is left.

Fixing this problem inside MovPic will take longer, as it will require a new version and some testing, so the above will be a quick fix so you at least can enjoy it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom