Movies Not Found (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm having the same problem but I have a separate folder for utorrent downloads. Once the file has been downloaded I copy the file and move it so another watched folder. It rarely finds movies straight away, I usually have to manual search but often it still can see them. Can be hours before movies appear. The built in MP video folder seems them instantly. Same as jasonwc says MP TV series works perfectly and adds files very quickly...
Despite my issue it's a great Plugin and I appreciate all the hard work you put in.

What you are describing I think is a different problem. I assume your downloads folder is on the network somewhere? Sometimes Windows does not report file system events to listening programs. The only thing we can do is periodically rerun an import which we do every 90 minutes. You can adjust this interval in the config and you can also add a manual scan menu item if you'd like.

These features were added in our most recent release and with them in place Moving Pictures deals with this problem pretty much the exact same way MPTV-Series does. The only difference is probably the default interval (I don't know what they use off the top of my head).

DeadllHead

Portal Member
November 8, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm having the same problem but I have a separate folder for utorrent downloads. Once the file has been downloaded I copy the file and move it so another watched folder. It rarely finds movies straight away, I usually have to manual search but often it still can see them. Can be hours before movies appear. The built in MP video folder seems them instantly. Same as jasonwc says MP TV series works perfectly and adds files very quickly...
Despite my issue it's a great Plugin and I appreciate all the hard work you put in.

What you are describing I think is a different problem. I assume your downloads folder is on the network somewhere? Sometimes Windows does not report file system events to listening programs. The only thing we can do is periodically rerun an import which we do every 90 minutes. You can adjust this interval in the config and you can also add a manual scan menu item if you'd like.

These features were added in our most recent release and with them in place Moving Pictures deals with this problem pretty much the exact same way MPTV-Series does. The only difference is probably the default interval (I don't know what they use off the top of my head).

Yes your right it's on the same network.
I've changed the auto import from 90mins to 3mins and I've also used the manual import from the GUI but neither finds new movies.

DeadllHead

Portal Member
November 8, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I had a look at the log myself and it shows that the 'file is locked'.
After some searching it seems a few people have had this problem. With some tips I ran process explorer and found that Utorrent is causing the files to be locked. As soon as i exited the program and ran the import again moving pictures found the files straight away. Thing is MP-TV doesnt have any problems and it find them instantly. I know there is a delay built in for multi part movies but I only have MKV files so the movies are completed in one file, and the delay is never ending taking days if it imports it at all!.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry for the trouble. For what it's worth I have already added an advanced setting for the next release to turn off the file lock functionality. I will continue to look into ways to make this as seamless as possible for new users though. It is just hard, uTorrent is behaving badly and there is not an ideal work around.

backard

Portal Member
November 26, 2011
I am having the same problem . Ramdom movies just dont show up . I dont use utorrent so that cant be my problem . No matter what i do the scan never picks them up . You mention that the files might be locked . How would i check this ?

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom