Movies not showing up (1 Viewer)

bigfoot53

June 11, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello All,
Just installed MP2 and having an issue with not all the movies showing up under the movies tab. I was able to correct the issue for a few of the movies by changing the name of the folder that the movie is in. But I still have several that don't show up However if I look under the videos tab I can find all the movies. Is there a special naming convention for the folders to work in the Movies tab? or not all movies recognized at this time? I also have a few series that don't show under the series tab.
Server media sources are:
C:\mp\movies
C:\mp\tv series

Thanks
Bruce

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hi Bruce,
    movies currently only show up in the movies section, if MP2 was able to uniquely identify them on TheMovieDb. The most reliable way to achieve this is to put the IMDB number ("tt123...") into the file name.
    This behaviour is just being discussed, but we haven't found a common sense yet.
    Hope the above helps in the meantime.
    Michael

EL_Mojo

Portal Member
    March 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've never had any problem with any other Media Center software not recognizing the movies from my file names.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    adding the IMDB ttxxxxx filename worked. Thanks a lot for this tip. I had 5 movies that did not show in MY MOVIES but showed in ALL MEDIA until I added the ttxxxx to the end of the file name. Then they showed up in MY MOVIES. Hopefully this is fixed in upcoming versions.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    3 out of 5 of the movie cover images are black even though the brief description of the movie is correct. I have re-imported data base but they are still black. Its a shame you cant update movie covers manually like in MP1

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    adding the IMDB ttxxxxx filename worked. Thanks a lot for this tip. I had 5 movies that did not show in MY MOVIES but showed in ALL MEDIA until I added the ttxxxx to the end of the file name. Then they showed up in MY MOVIES. Hopefully this is fixed in upcoming versions.
    Which version of MP2 are you using? What is „My Movies“? It seems you are not using MediaPortal 2, but MediaPortal 1.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi ge2301, Sorry, I meant MOVIES and BROWSE MEDIA. I am using the latest MP 2.1.3
    Hi,
    Ok, just wanted to make sure, because "My Movies" made me suspicious. Have you tagged the movies and are you using local FanArt or are you letting MP2 scrap FanArt from Online sources? Please upload your log files after the import, so we can see, if there are any issues.

You can decide the movie covers. In this case you need to tag the movies with TinyMediaManager or MediaBuddy and deactivate the online scrapping in MP2.
    Then only the in the movie folder stored images will be used.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi, yes mp is getting movie info and covers online automatically. How do I use tiny or media buddy? Do I enable these add-ons?

Thanks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, yes mp is getting movie info and covers online automatically. How do I use tiny or media buddy? Do I enable these add-ons?

Thanks.
    No, both are external softwares. Just google for "TinyMediaManager" or "MediaBuddy" and you'll find the installer.
    After tagging the media files correctly, please deactivate online scrapping in media portal settings (you can find help in WIKI, if you are not sure what to do) and reimport your sources.
    If your problem is not solved I can only help further, if you upload log files so I can see what the importer did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom