Movies not showing up (1 Viewer)

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
July 22, 2011
Ok thank you. I will let you know. One last thing. When you say tag the videos are you meaning tag inside tiny media manager?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok thank you. I will let you know. One last thing. When you say tag the videos are you meaning tag inside tiny media manager?
    Add the video sources (movies and series are seperated) in TinyMediaManager and import. tMM will then create nfo files and store all the FanArt you selected in options (poster, thumb, backdrop, banner, disc, ...). The files are stored in the same folder as the media item is stored in. You can also activate auto renaming in settings, so the folders and all files with be cleaned and stored correctly (nothing will be deleted).
    After that you can make an import in MP2.1.3 with deactivated online scrapping. Import will be faster and 100% accurate. In case you want to change poster, do that before the import. Just change the related poster directly in the media item folder.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to use Media-Buddy please use the version attached to this posting. Formerly named as MKV-Buddy.

There is another Software called 'Media Buddy' to be found in the Internet which is not what you want.

Cheers

Blue Max

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi again, I had a look in the MP wiki for disabling online scraping, I couldn't see anything related. Would you happen to have a link to where this info is? :)

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    All good, I have decided to start using TinyMediaManager, it looks amazing and I am loving it so far. All I need help with so far is how to disable MP scraping and what to do with the NFO files etc from Tiny etc and where to put them in MP so that MP scrapes that data. Thanks for your help so far!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again, I had a look in the MP wiki for disabling online scraping, I couldn't see anything related.
    Media library

All I need help with so far is how to disable MP scraping and what to do with the NFO files etc from Tiny etc and where to put them in MP so that MP scrapes that data
    Nothing to do. Just import. Everything will be recognized automatically.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    This is great.Worked like a charm, thank you. I am using one of the native skins/thems for MP, the windows 10 one. It looks like it does not give you the option to read a lot about the movie or view the trailer. Is this just because this skin is limited and I should put a better one on? If so do you recommend one that looks good and can display more movie info that just 1 line and also has a trailer option. (seeing how Tinymoviemanager downloaded all the trailers)

Thanks again :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is great.Worked like a charm, thank you. I am using one of the native skins/thems for MP, the windows 10 one. It looks like it does not give you the option to read a lot about the movie or view the trailer. Is this just because this skin is limited and I should put a better one on? If so do you recommend one that looks good and can display more movie info that just 1 line and also has a trailer option. (seeing how Tinymoviemanager downloaded all the trailers)

Thanks again :)
    Trailers are not supported.

There is not just 1 line of infos, but genre, rating, year, description, played percentage
    The WMC skin has additionally agre ratings. Which infos are you missing?

Why not just try the few themes and skins and see what you like most? More infos will come in a separate info screen, which can currently already be seen, while playing a MI.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi, Sorry for the delay. Nothing is missing but in MP2 if the movie description/plot is long it only shows the first sentence or two and it does not auto scroll down the text and there is no option to view the rest of the paragraph. No big deal, I think that this is the way it might be for now.

Thanks for your help ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom