Movies split over multiple discs (CD1, CD2..) not always grouping (1 Viewer)

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Hmm well let me think.

- You know the format of my paths and files from previous posts.
- Z:\ is a mapped drive to my Synology DS508 NAS. Videos all play fine.
- The HTPC is a XP SP3 box running MP RC3 no SVN
- To upgrade from 0.55c to 0.61 all i did was delete the database and replace the DLL. Nothing more.
- The share names are Z:\Movies and Z:\HD Movies, both set in MP

Can't think of much else that would help.

When you tried file files above, did you try them all in one go or one at a time?

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
well, tried some of your movies as dummy files on my system, but all of them were joined, not all of them were auto approved...
Death note (japanese name was selected by importer)
L - change... (correct movie, but more than 1 char difference)
Sisily.. (wrong movie, selected this by folder name, probable my setting)
Sweeney Todd (selected the correct movie, more than 1 char difference though)
all of these did not auto approve for the above reasons.

Buppha..
Hansel..
Hannibal..
Vision..
were the other movies I tried and they were joined and auto approved without any problems.

All of them were imported at once (no other movies were simultaneous imported, just your movies, but, all at once)

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Auto approve isn't the issue; I pretty much expect that due to the foreign movies I have I won't get auto-approves on them. I'm fine to select the correct movie from the drop down as the interface is excellent for quickly approving movies upon import.
It's just the system not realizing that two files are named identically except for the -CD1 and -CD2.

Will movies split over multiple discs only combine to one entry if the files are auto-approved? If that is the case, can we please alter the match list to be alphabetically ordered instead of random? Most of the time un-matched CD1 and CD2 files are pages and pages apart from each other.

What are the rules in place for identifying two files are related?

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
just to test things...did you try to rename some of your files?

for instance "Hannibal Rising CD1" and "Hannibal Rising CD2"

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It's just the system not realizing that two files are named identically except for the -CD1 and -CD2.
That's why I started my post with:
well, tried some of your movies as dummy files on my system, but all of them were joined, not all of them were auto approved...
<snip>were the other movies I tried and they were joined and auto approved without any problems.

Will movies split over multiple discs only combine to one entry if the files are auto-approved? If that is the case, can we please alter the match list to be alphabetically ordered instead of random? Most of the time un-matched CD1 and CD2 files are pages and pages apart from each other.
They are not only joined when they are autoapproved (as you can read in my post ;) )
and I believe the auto-approve rules have been posted somewhere on the forum. But I'm not to sure about that...

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Boiler: No i haven't tried that - Is there a preferred naming convention for multiple disc files?

marvenius: Ah, I can't read obviously, lol.

I will try Boiler's advice, otherwise I'm totally stumped.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Your current naming should work.. the mystery is why it isn't working on your system.
    I am probably as stumped as you are :p

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    I have started having grouping problems as well after the update from 5.5 to 6.1. I have found that movies that have a title like moviename.2008-GRP.CDx will not be auto grouped. If I rename them to moviename-CDx it will work. Do you think I should remove my old database and start fresh?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    backup your old database and start fresh to see if the grouping changes. The convention you mention should group also.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    can i ask a question, how do i make a DVD movie, that's 2 DVD's big Group up..
    So ill have one movie in the list, but when play i can select dvd1 or dvd2..

How do one do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom