Moving from BTV, Only want TV Recording (1 Viewer)

RBraverman

May 26, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, I've read the 2 other posts I found regarding moving to MP from BTV but I have a few more Q's:

All I want to use this for is Live TV / Guide (I'll use Schedules Direct) and playback of THOSE shows.

Is this easily doable, and when the interface comes up, can I have just those options showing in the menu?

I'm trying NPVR, but having "problems" with it.

It'll be a Hauppague HD-PVR (maybe an intenral card for OTA), and Direct TV whose channels will be changed via the network.

I know my way around fa computer and programming - have for over 30+ years, just wanna know what I'm getting myself into.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and welcome,

Having only the Tv part in the menus is basically possible, but needs to be done manually at the moment. Please refer to the manual of BlueVision skin in this forum for details: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/manual.134080/

I'm working currently on a "WMC like" skin, which has also a menu editor included. You can already now comfortably configure your menu, but it's not yet public. This will be most probably in autumn.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All I want to use this for is Live TV / Guide (I'll use Schedules Direct) and playback of THOSE shows.
    Please be aware that there are two versions of MediaPortal:

MediaPortal version 2 is the up-and-coming bright young thing that will eventually be the best thing since sliced wholemeal bread. But is it there yet? Maybe yes; maybe no.

MediaPortal version 1 is the mature product that many people still use for their day-to-day TV, Video, Music, and Photos. This is the version that I use.

The TV part of MediaPortal is identical in MP1 and MP2, so there is no difference in capabilities for TV.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

RBraverman

May 26, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Please be aware that there are two versions of MediaPortal:

MediaPortal version 2 is the up-and-coming bright young thing that will eventually be the best thing since sliced wholemeal bread. But is it there yet? Maybe yes; maybe no.

MediaPortal version 1 is the mature product that many people still use for their day-to-day TV, Video, Music, and Photos. This is the version that I use.

The TV part of MediaPortal is identical in MP1 and MP2, so there is no difference in capabilities for TV.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Okay so - for the most part MP2 is the ticket. Now, anyone have any opinions on this vs. NextPVR? I'm trying to decide between the two, as all I want in the recording portion, can I import the recordings from BeyondTV and their metadata?

AND ... can it change channels of a DTV IRD via the serial port?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom