Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hrmm. Well that has to do with the Facade implementation itself, which Moving Pictures doesn't touch. That being said though it looks like maybe the Poster is slightly transparent, but has a background image behind it not perfectly centered. So maybe the whole thing is alpha blended but the bottom edge is the only noticeable part because it has not solid color background image. Check your image tags on the thumbnailview part of your facade.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    lar1r

This could be what gemx has been fixing the last few days, so it's a limitation\bug with MP's code.

If no errors found with it, should be in this weeks svn.

morfeu78

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hey fforde congrats on the great plugin,
    since you said you are working in new scrappers could I suggest e-Pipoca for info in brazilian portuguese ? I don't really knows anything about coding but i would gladly help with identifying fields on the site or anything like it.

Griffith Media Manager uses e-pipoca site for scraping movie info, if it is of any help I attached the python code of the specific plugin (all open-source). It could be helpful, even if only to get the urls :p

edit: forgot to attach the file :oops:

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Thanks for the suggestion morfeu78. I think the next version (hopefully late Wednesday CST) will probably not include a scraper for that site, but I bookmarked the site and your post and will look into setting something up for it. I think the our core team will most likely focus on regions that we get the most traffic from first though. Although, the scrpaer engine is designed to allow anyone to write a script. :p

If you (or anyone else) is curious what our traffic is by region:

Code:
    17.31%	United States
    15.53%	Germany
    11.36%	United Kingdom
    10.13%	Netherlands
    9.61%	Sweden
    6.49%	Australia
    4.63%	Norway
    2.85%	Denmark
    2.85%	Canada
    2.44%	Italy

morfeu78

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    :confused: So little love for Latin America :D
    I can try to whip up a script, but whith my fantastic coding knowledge (zero:p) it will be quite a challenge. I will take a look when the new version arrives.
    :D

Thanks for the suggestion morfeu78. I think the next version (hopefully late Wednesday CST) will probably not include a scraper for that site, but I bookmarked the site and your post and will look into setting something up for it. I think the our core team will most likely focus on regions that we get the most traffic from first though. Although, the scrpaer engine is designed to allow anyone to write a script. :p

If you (or anyone else) is curious what our traffic is by region:

Code:
    17.31%	United States
    15.53%	Germany
    11.36%	United Kingdom
    10.13%	Netherlands
    9.61%	Sweden
    6.49%	Australia
    4.63%	Norway
    2.85%	Denmark
    2.85%	Canada
    2.44%	Italy

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    :confused: So little love for Latin America :D
    I can try to whip up a script, but whith my fantastic coding knowledge (zero:p) it will be quite a challenge. I will take a look when the new version arrives.
    :D
    I understand the frustration. :( The plug-in is very new though and currently one of our biggest flaws is support of non-english content. In my opinion it's the biggest flaw of the plug-in right now. The scriptable scraping engine will help a lot with this, but it will take time to get scripts created. I can guarantee you we will have a Portuguese data provider before long, but it's all a matter of time. We are trying to grow our user base as much as possible right now and that unfortunately means temporarily prioritizing the languages where the most users are.

morfeu78

Portal Member
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    hey I think you are doing a great job and, although I don't code, I know that you have to prioritize major issues. I'm also eager to see iso mounting :). Even writing very poor english I can read it alright, I will be more than happy with IMDB for now, as long as this great plugin start working again I will be exultant!

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Surprized norway is that far up as well.. We're only 4.5 million people, thats like 1/2 of londons population :p

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Damn, Denmark sucks bottom on that list :(
    Gotta find some friends, and convince them they need a HTPC with MP installed, Muahahah!

Anyway, just found an online film database in danish, which could probably be used for scraping. I know absolutely nothing about coding, but maybe I could learn.
    Anyway, the site is Filmzonen.
    I know, this will not be the first on the list, but I'm just throwing it in here anyway.

Really looking forward to the next release, when the plugin will be working again, seeing as movie-xml probably wont come online anytime soon :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom