Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felias

Portal Pro
August 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have slipped out a 0.5.4 release. This basically fixes the posters.consumeroo.com (now meligrove.com) data provider for movie backdrops and sets it as the primary data provider. The code to connect to meligrove.com has been broken since the domain change. This fix should boost the number of backdrops available in the latest version of the plug-in, and it will also result in more backdrops of size 1920x1080. If you prefer higher resolution backdrops, you can delete your backdrop folder and run a full scan (restart MediaPortal). Give it time, it runs in the background, but new fanart will be downloaded, and if 1080p artwork is available from meligrove, it will be given priority. Sorry there is currently no progress bar for the rescan for artwork.

Groovy, can't wait to test it tonight :)

One small thing: How can i change the view (filmstrip, big icons, small icons, list,...) when running Moving Pictures?

ryall

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
This must be a stupid question, since no-one else has asked, but how does Moving Pictures handle multi-part movies? Where do you set filters to detect multi-part?

e.g.
How would I set MP up to detect that the below files were actually one movie?

The Matrix (part 1).avi
The Matrix (part 2).avi

I know you can join two files in the list, but with a collection with at least 100+ multi-parts hopefully there's an automated way...

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Groovy, can't wait to test it tonight :)

One small thing: How can i change the view (filmstrip, big icons, small icons, list,...) when running Moving Pictures?

Moving Picture Config -> additional settings -> default view (at the top of)

You can change it when inside the plugin as well, just click on the info/more button on your remote to get a list of views. Some skinfiles have a button that cycles through the views as well.

Felias

Portal Pro
August 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
You can change it when inside the plugin as well, just click on the info/more button on your remote to get a list of views. Some skinfiles have a button that cycles through the views as well.

I currently do not have a remote for my HTPC. Do you by any chance know what key normally is used for this when using the Aeon skin?

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008

I currently do not have a remote for my HTPC. Do you by any chance know what key normally is used for this when using the Aeon skin?

should be f9

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, if I use the filmstrip view, the covers always miss a small piece left and right.
In general I think the filmstrip view doesn't look so well (in comparison with MyVideo).
But all the rest does :)

Sorry I am pretty sure this is just a skin issue. For the next major release I will try to see if I can get someone to polish up the default skin a bit.

Hi!
Is a wonderful plugin,i like it,is fast and easy.
Only one problem for me,the language of the info.
How can i do that it search the info in the script filmaffinity(a spanish provider).
Thanks for all and sorry for my english.

I am sorry, there is only one data provider at this time, and it predominantly supports English language titles. In the near future additional sources will be added, so this issue should be resolved for you then.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
1st of all. Great plugin and special thanks to the developers to create a (relatively) stable plugin with fast updates.

As I am one of the 4:3 users I am edditing the default/generic skin for my viewing pleasure.
I am not a skin developer, so learning along the way. Currently testing and deciding what to leave out (from view, only commented in the xml code)
I will try and post the xml files so far later tonight, but could also be tomorrow morning (Living in Belgium, working in the Netherlands and yes, I am Dutch and not a tax evaider ;-) )

Again, thanks for the great plugin and fast updates! (will try to keep up.)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Hi marvenius, thanks for working on the 4x3 skin! I went ahead and added you to the developers group, if you have any skinning questions that I can help with, go ahead and make a post. :)

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
How do I get moving pictures to show in the basichome view with different skins (trying Xface atm)? The plugin is installed and movies were imported and I then placed the skin files in my Xface skin location. However I do not see any option for moving picutures from the basichome view. Do I have to manually edit the basichome view and if so how?

thanks for an awesome plugin btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom